IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i ordered all these parts and they should be getting here any day now. my question is, do i install these goodies all at one time then reset the ecu? or do i install a couple of them and reset the ecu? or do i install them individually and reset the ecu? kind of in the dark here so any help would be magnificent :lol:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just install at one time. You can reset ECU if you like although it will relearn by itself anyway.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya just do them however you want. If you want to feel the gains from each, then do them one at a time, either way im sure you'll be fine.

Robert~

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmmm different opinions, but nontheless very helpful, thanks. looks like a whole day thing for me atleast. cant wait!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well lets see....how long do you think it would approximately take to install a dp, intake, turbo inlet hose, pulley, catch can, and a header (also going to wrap the header)? yikes! looks like a good day and a half. should be fun though......anyone want to help? =)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Seriously bud, do 1 or 2 at a time and at least start and run your engine, and run it to check for probs. before you do others. For example say you install your catchcan, inlethose, and intake all at once, then you find you have a intake leak, shit spraying shop solv. did not find the leak, now what? Oh I have 3 things to ck( take off and put back on)There is a lot of your free time messing with things you did not have to! Also My header to uppipe leak was a small carbontrail and sounded like a intake leak or a bent impeller wheel. Very missleading.Take my advice, I do this all day long!!!! Slow and steady!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you got a good pt, however, i wont install everything at once but in sections. first the intake stuff, run it for a bit, then the exhaust stuff, run it again, and then the pulley. seems like the safest and most time efficient method. and when im done, happy hunting!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
no catback... stock catback doesnt require porting of the wastegate.

Robert~

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as bad as i would want to port the wastegate and get a nur spec r, im trying to keep the stock exhaust on for the sleeper look, but even more so for not giving the coppers here a reason to pull me over, ask me what kind of other mods i have, or worse yet, take a look at how i eliminated all my cats :lol: then im toast, considering i live in anal CA :evil:

·
Registered
487 Posts
YOu're gonna have fairly straight forward access to the turbo when you do the dp anyway.

If you don't run cats and you put the new dp in you have to port the wastegate...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, according to some, the stock exhaust provides enough restriction to prevent boost creep. however, if i did go with a cat back and a dp, then of course, i would port the waste gate.

btw: i ended up buying a blitz nur spec r this last weekend. all i can say is WOW! :D however, dont know if im gonna use it with my set up :cry: why i bought it for such a short time....beats me.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
i overboost with just a down pipe and a stock cat-back. i've learned to deal...it doesnt affect the performance of the car, prob the longevity of the turbo tho. utec hurry up!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
and i have been thru two sets of header gaskets too. but i think we got it now...cross fingers! :eek:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JJ stop sending me Virus Emails

salisburyv said:
i overboost with just a down pipe and a stock cat-back. i've learned to deal...it doesnt affect the performance of the car, prob the longevity of the turbo tho. utec hurry up!
how much overboost are you seeing with the stock cat back? now that you said that, it does worry me a bit....

·
Registered
487 Posts
Overboost is bad for the motor.

REgardless if its just a little or a lot over time it will probably bite ya if your not careful.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts