IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How will I know if my down pipe is aftermarket or not it has a invidia 400 gemini exhaust and an aftermarket radiator I know that so far. What I am wondering if it's throwing a p0420 code every now and again when under a lite load in 6th gear. Do you think the had an access port on there and took it off when traded car in?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Sounds like you bought as used sti. So who knows if its had an AP on it or not. As for the downpipe, well usuallly stock oem down pipes are encased in heat shielding. So if yours doesnt have all the heat shielding on it, then its most likely an aftermarket down pipe. Putting up a picture of downpipe would help.

Btw, dont load the car in 6th gear.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I looked and it is a stick downpipe. That being said should I install an aftermarket downpipe and/or midpipe??
well you already have a catback, so there would be no midpipe, as the DP will mate with the catback you have.

so far as should you? that's up to you, your budget, and your goals for the car. keep in mind that adding a downpipe (really anything but a catback) WILL require a tune.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts