IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get my Sti soon it will be my first turbo-charged car. So I have been learning as I read about everything on the internet especially about turbo backs and downpipes. My question is how can you increase performance with these products and still be able to pass the E-check. Granted I know this car is already going to be very fast compared to my GT-S, but there is always that need :lol: to obtain more power for your car. Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would suggest getting TurboXS TBE (includes downpipe, cat or race pipe, midpipe, and muffler) or the Stealthback (everything the TBE except it doesn't include the muffler). You can make it suit your needs if your worrying about emissions just get the catpipe and you will pass the sniffer no prob. As for how it adds performance simple it frees up the flow greatly (larger diameter piping). I have had my Stealthback (with catpipe) on for more than 1000 miles with no problems thus far.

Hope this helps,
Rick

p.s. Here is the link to www.turboxs.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: sold evo for sti- smartest thing i ever did

Thanks for the help. Is the video they have on the Turbo XS of the Sti with the xs muffler or the stock muffler? So one more thing just so I have this right if I want to go for more performance, but still want to be able to pass emmissions (by the way I am in Ohio) I can go with downpipe, cat pipe, midpipe, and the muffler. Sorry for the all the questions I just want to make sure I am clear on everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts