IW STi Forum banner

141 - 160 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I guess I should have known that considering aftermarket downpipes only have one. Upstream is the one closest to the midpipe then?
Upstream is on the exhaust manifold. It's actually a wideband limited to reading 11.2:1 on the rich side. Very accurate while not in boost.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
The car feels good. It seems the ecu is adjusting itself in a good way. I guess a bad O2 sensor will not throw a CEL specifying a bad O2 sensor. Good enough to not throw an O2 sensor related CEL, bad enough to make a car run poorly and throw a P0303 #3 misfire code.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
I fixed a leaking lower radiator hose. It's been leaking for about a month. It was hard to spot the leak but the smell of coolant was there. It finally was visible when the leak spread further covering part of the aluminum header wrap. So far, it's not leaking and the temps are more steady. It even feels more peppy. Maybe the old coolant had cleaned off the sensors, I don't know. Or maybe the Motul Mocool is doing its job helping with the heat transfer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
From what I've read on Delicious Tuning's website, the flex fuel kit is the ideal set-up for someone who transitions between 91 octane and E85 on a regular basis, yet it eliminates the need to swap back and forth between maps. It almost sounds too good to be true, so I'll be interested to read your reviews of real-world/daily use. Cheers

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
From what I've read on Delicious Tuning's website, the flex fuel kit is the ideal set-up for someone who transitions between 91 octane and E85 on a regular basis, yet it eliminates the need to swap back and forth between maps. It almost sounds too good to be true, so I'll be interested to read your reviews of real-world/daily use. Cheers
I'll post my experience
I did it because I just want options and pretty much set it and forget it. This will determine if I want to install a bigger turbo. So far, I find that going cat less and going equal length manifold helps with the turbo pull all the way to redline. I really hated how the this engine stops pulling after 5000 rpm in stock form. I'm used to revving to 7500-7700 rpm on Toyota engines.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #157 (Edited)
Denso sensors suck. Bosch is the way to go. Here I was thinking I was doing the right thing by replacing old sensors and to find out that Denso isn't what it used to be. I guess there was a reason why Toyota let them go. The A/F sensor is already failing and the MAF had to be rescaled significantly. Mistakes learned on the fly. Use OEM or something your tuner recommends/prefers.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Denso sensors suck. Bosch is the way to go. Here I was thinking I was doing the right thing by replacing old sensors and to find out that Denso isn't what it used to be. I guess there was a reason why Toyota let them go. The A/F sensor is already failing and the MAF had to be rescaled significantly. Mistakes learned on the fly. Use OEM or something your tuner recommends/prefers.
Denso is OEM though :|

141 - 160 of 409 Posts