IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Just purchased supporting parts for my turbo upgrade, Perrin 3in turbo inlet and big tube uppipe. Most likely going to go with the GTX3071R.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I couldn't get the Beatrush underpanel on due to the mounting points in the rear are already used by the 2 Cusco braces mounted there already. I was able to accomplish to reroute my oil cooler lines to go under the manifold, reclock the sandwich plate and fill her up with Motul 5w40 x-cess. The car runs 10 degrees cooler now. A steady 187-190 degree freeway run.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Just ordered a conversion kit for my IAG AOS. It converts the competition VTA to the closed street series. I didn't want to go through the hassle of selling the one I have to get the street AOS. It's a good thing IAG performance got that covered.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I drove my car to work this morning. It took the bumps I normally run over very well. The steering wheel stayed in place while removing the rest of the choppiness from the suspension. The curves I normally take has more grip in the front end and removed the rest of the body roll. A great mod if you are lowering the car.

What are your toe specs?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Where did you order it from? Also, did you notice any performance difference? Thanks
I got it from japanparts.com. I've only driven the car to work but my initial impressions are that the chassis feels more solid and it stopped the creaks in the rear end. Also, the suspension is doing more of it's job as the bumps feel more absorbed. Backing out the driveway, there was less creak. I will be doing a canyon run soon and I'll give my assessment.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
So far, I like Motul oil. I have burned through Red line 5w30 through 5w40. I ran 5w30 and 10w30 w/o an oil cooler and burned it. I don't have an oil temp gauge but just observing my water temp, it would range between 180-195. I ran an oil cooler with 10w30 and water temps were the same, but I had the oil lines over the manifold pipes. I tried running 5w40 afterwards and I was burning 1.5 qts per fill up and water temps soared to 190-205. I decided to reroute the oil lines under the manifold and switched to Motul 5w40 x-cess. I have gone to 2 fill ups and getting ready for my 3rd fill up of gas, I would guestimate about less than 1/4 quart burned. The car almost feels just as responsive as running Amsoil 5w30 I used to run 4 yrs ago. The car has about 75k miles on the odometer. Perhaps the turbo blanket is making oil temps go up and running a bigger koyo radiator isn't enough. Running an oil cooler with the lines route as far away from the exhaust manifold with the proper oil for your application and driving style is key to stop oil comsumption if you don't exhibit the symptoms of a cracked ringland or leaking turbo seals. I'm curious to know if I can get away with running a 5w30 or perhaps a 0w30? My oil pressure would be lower as well as oil and water temps. A huge balancing act with pressure and temps and heat extraction.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Darn rear view mirror fell off. The glue gave way. I had a few attempts to glue it back on and it broke off a couple of time. It's on now but I don't feel too confident that it will stay on. Those homelink mirror assembly is just too heavy.

81 - 100 of 409 Posts