IW STi Forum banner

321 - 340 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Where are you getting the front windshield tinted at and how much would it cost if I may ask? Is it noticeable because I know SoCal does not allow the front to be tinted.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #322
I have not looked around yet. I got my last windshield done in Vegas. I might go there again if I can't find some place that is willing.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
I did an oil change with AMSOIL 0w40 and a tire rotation. The tires are almost done. The tires were chewed up badly prior to the wheel alignment. I do like my Bridgestone S04 Potenza Pole Position tires, but want to give the new Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 aka Bridgestone RE003 a try. I'm thinking of going 265 35 18.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Were you in Mira mesa tonight? I saw your car parked and I knew it looked familiar. I was in the blue 2016 sti with the bronze wheels. I live right there a few houses down from where you were parked. Car looks super clean in person.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
Were you in Mira mesa tonight? I saw your car parked and I knew it looked familiar. I was in the blue 2016 sti with the bronze wheels. I live right there a few houses down from where you were parked. Car looks super clean in person.
Yup. That was me. That area is my old neighborhood. And thanks!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Hey I didn't see this in your post about the anti-surge boost controller from Company 23, but how are you liking it? Does it actually do away with the wastegate flutter?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
Hey I didn't see this in your post about the anti-surge boost controller from Company 23, but how are you liking it? Does it actually do away with the wastegate flutter?
I don't have any wastegate flutter with the Company 23. The old grimmspeed had a hint of it with the IWG. I do think it's overpriced, though.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I don't have any wastegate flutter with the Company 23. The old grimmspeed had a hint of it with the IWG. I do think it's overpriced, though.
Yeah, it's so expensive! It's 8% off today at Rally Sport, and even then, it's still pricey. I just know I will go EWG soon and I don't want to deal with that flutter. I have it on another car of mine and I hate it. :(

It's only money right :rolleyes:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Where are you getting the front windshield tinted at and how much would it cost if I may ask? Is it noticeable because I know SoCal does not allow the front to be tinted.
There's a place in Encinitas called Mr. Tint that carries Llumar Air Blue 80 tint. it's pretty much not noticeable and I believe is pretty effective. At least from what I hear. I got quoted $180 for front windshield only though, which is pretty steep.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
I installed the stock fans. It looks like it runs a little cooler, but ambient temps is 75 degrees. It should be warmer on the commute back home from work.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
The car ran 10 degrees cooler with the stock fans. It never went past 195 degrees @ 84 degrees ambient today. The Mishimoto fans got as high as 217 @ 84 degrees ambient.

321 - 340 of 409 Posts