IW STi Forum banner

221 - 240 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #226 (Edited)
I need that feeling again ^

I looked back at your first page, is this on stock turbo?
Yes. Stock turbo. The higher compression increased torque about 20ft/lbs almost everywhere than stock compression with the same bolt ons from what Infamous has experienced. It's hard to tell where in the power band the turbo stops making power like stock.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yes. Stock turbo. The higher compression increased torque about 20ft/lbs almost everywhere than stock compression with the same bolt ons from what Infamous has experienced. It's hard to tell where in the power band the turbo stops making power like stock.
I bet that is pretty fun, much more low down grunt and the power to pull up top as well. Any plans on a bigger turbo in the future?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
I bet that is pretty fun, much more low down grunt and the power to pull up top as well. Any plans on a bigger turbo in the future?
There is, but not bigger than a gt3071r. I like response over top end power. I want my car to be like the CSER Impreza in Japan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think I read through the whole thread and maybe I missed it but where did you get the covers for the power steering resiviour and battery? What psi is your tune set for?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
I think I read through the whole thread and maybe I missed it but where did you get the covers for the power steering resiviour and battery? What psi is your tune set for?
I got the covers from japanparts.com
My boost is set at 17 psi on 91 octane and 20 psi on E85.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
E85+VF48 feels like I have a big engine under the good. The spool is pretty much instantaneous. I'm liking the 9.0:1 compression pistons. This combo works well. If only someone made a quiet intake. The Cobb SF intake I had a while ago felt great but was too loud. It would have made more power and response over my stock airbox I have now. Response and boost recovery is faster now with the tune and it enhances what my Synapse Engineering DV had brought to the table.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Your numbers seem a bit low but I could be wrong. We have relatively same mods, both running e85 but I'm putting out 330/420. What kind of dyno did you have the work done on?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Your numbers seem a bit low but I could be wrong. We have relatively same mods, both running e85 but I'm putting out 330/420. What kind of dyno did you have the work done on?
Mustang. Stock STI is 200whp on this particular dyno. I've read about Dynojet are 10-12% higher reading and it calculates to the numbers you have, and it feels more powerful than what my numbers indicate.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Mustang. Stock STI is 200whp on this particular dyno. I've read about Dynojet are 10-12% higher reading and it calculates to the numbers you have, and it feels more powerful than what my numbers indicate.
At a certain point, especially since you're planning on upgrading, you're better off keeping it conservative anyways.

I've always done better not pushing smaller turbos to their limits. And just keeping things down tuned a little bit until a bigger/more efficient turbo goes in.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
My Buddy Club rear adjustable lower control arms have arrived! This should fix the rear roll centers after lowering, camber, and endlink height. I guess the JDM cars have an auto headlight leveling adjustment built into the arms.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
The rear lower arms are installed, but now the toe is out. These cars are really sensitive to toe adjustments. The rear end felt too loose.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
I'm liking the smooth running engine on AMSOIL 0W40. I was running AMSOIL 5W30 0W30 when I first bought the car. After running Mobil 0W40 5W40 (ran rough), Redline (smooth but felt some reduced response), I've liked the AMSOIL the best.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
The alignment went well. The rears were out of wack, but the tech was able to dial it in to my specs.
FR camber 2 1/4
FL camber 2 1/4
Toe 1/32 in
Caster 7

RR camber 1 3/4
LR camber 1 3/4
Toe 3/16 in
The car feels stable and steering feels more responsive. I can't wait to try driving it in the mountains again.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
My Buddy Club rear adjustable lower control arms have arrived! This should fix the rear roll centers after lowering, camber, and endlink height. I guess the JDM cars have an auto headlight leveling adjustment built into the arms.Image Link
Image Link
After driving around, I noticed that the bumps I normally drive over are well dampened now. Before, the small bumps would feel like I hit a deep pothole and the ride would feel bumpy. The rear lower arms had the same effect as the roll center kit I installed up front. The rear feels planted and stable.

221 - 240 of 409 Posts