IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have Zaino or plan to use zaino later on... its a very good idea (if you havent already) to do a full Dawn wash / Claybar / Wash. If you do a Dawn + Claybar wash to strip all the contaminents on the car, it looks 100x better then before!! I first started putting on Z2 w/ZFX when i first got the car and it looked good, but just didnt seem to get that really deep shine like before with my supra. So the other day I went through and dawn washed it , claybarred it, and rezainoed with ZFX and Z2 and it looks GREAT now. The 1 coat looked better then the 5-7 coats I had on it before!! Definitely worth doing :)

Robert~

·
Registered
865 Posts
I know what u mean man. it looks killer on my strauts.. omaga drool
black with full tint windows all lowered and big ol chrome rims.. i drool.. but not anymore car dont look as good as it used to. rock chips and the sort all over front bumper and hood.. probably gonna wetsand everything and polish it this summer.

·
Registered
347 Posts
hey robert,
do you just need those 2 products, or is there anything else to make sure i really get a nice finish? by the way, whenever anyone looks under my hood, the first thing they say is "damn, what are those big blue wires for?" i love it...

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Check out the directions on www.zainobros.com to get an idea of what you will need. The first time you do it all it takes a while but after that is not that time consuming. Just be prepared to spend the better part of a day the first time.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
norcal-sti said:
hey robert,
do you just need those 2 products, or is there anything else to make sure i really get a nice finish? by the way, whenever anyone looks under my hood, the first thing they say is "damn, what are those big blue wires for?" i love it...
Ya like supra said, the first time is time consuming. You will need some Dawn soap (This is only for the first wash, never use this again or it will strip the zaino off), Z2, ZFX, Z7, Z18 (i think is the claybar). Wash the full car with the dawn, then follow the directions on the claybar and claybar the car, then use the mix of Z2 and ZFX and put a layer on the car... from then on just use the Z2. If you want to do multiple coats at a time use the Z2+ZFX otherwise wait 24 hours before putting on another coat ifu use the Z2 alone.

Robert~

·
Registered
347 Posts
thanks guys, i got the stuff on the way...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes Dawn dish washing soap is what they are talking about.

·
Registered
347 Posts
dish soap does a great job of removing the wax that is on the car so you can then apply the zaino to directly to the paint, not put it on top of existing wax.

·
Registered
87 Posts
WOW!!! I used Zaino today in 40 DEGF weather. I used it with the ZXF and it worked great. I washed the car with Dawn twice. Used the clay in a couple spots. One place was where gas overflowed :evil: It left a black line around the edge of the gas flow that dawn did not remove. The clay took it right out. Anyhow, I got two coats on and man that thing is shiny. It is shinier then the day I got it. I have had it just over a month now (WRB).

·
Registered
668 Posts
rockblocker says you can wax the film just as you would paint, though I don't know if zaino specifically would be different or not.

my question is... what happens if you put the rock blocker on TOP of wax? will it not stick as well?

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
You can not have any wax on the surface to be rock blocked. Usually the installer will clean the surface with a solution to remove any wax or oil that might be on the surface but still I would not wax it if you plan on having a clear bra put on. You should have it put on right after you get the car anyway before you get any stone chips or scratches that would be sealed in with a film. I did not wax the car before I had the clear bra installed but I did use M3 Swirl Mark Remover cause it says that stuff is paintable. It took all the adhesive off that was still on the surface from the protective plastic they put on the cars at the factory and made some light scratches not visible. I have many coats of wax over my clear bra with no problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts