IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a few posts about rattles and squeaks. I too had some of them around the glove box and somewhere in the back (I can’t tell exactly where). They all seem to have gone away but one, the cruise control arm on the steering column. Some of you seem to have that particular problem too. Did anybody find a permanent way to fix it? I know I can just grab the arm at the base and it will temporary go away but I’m looking for a cleaner solution.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
168 Posts
clong said:
I've read a few posts about rattles and squeaks. I too had some of them around the glove box and somewhere in the back (I can’t tell exactly where). They all seem to have gone away but one, the cruise control arm on the steering column. Some of you seem to have that particular problem too. Did anybody find a permanent way to fix it? I know I can just grab the arm at the base and it will temporary go away but I’m looking for a cleaner solution.

Thanks in advance for your help!
The various rattles have been driving me crazy, too, but I have almost all of them fixed.
For the cruise control, Subaru recently issued a bulletin to the dealers about the fixing this with electrical tape. If your car is under warranty, they will fix it for free. I had Brett (who is a fantastic Subaru mechanic and currently works at Elway West in Denver) fix mine and he did a great job.

The back rattle is usually from the rear seat belt sliders/ holders. I fixed mine by placing 1/4" EVA around the piece and in the slot and this eliminated all the rear noise. This noise is even worse in the wagons.

Now I just have to figure out the rattle in my dash....

I hope you find this helpful,
Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts