IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13,104 Posts
LOL...
So something that is toxic to our bodies has no effect on us in LOW quantities but does in high quantities? Sounds pretty ignorant to me. I bet your one of the many people that think mercury, which is ETREMELY toxic out of your mouth, is more than safe in it huh? :rolleyes:
Wow. I know all about mercury and its toxicity. I also know there are LEVELS of toxicity, but since you're going to make a snap judgement about me and what I believe, I think I'll make one about you.

You are a vegetarian, who runs marathons, and adopted a puppy from a shelter, and you are conflicted as to when you should interrupt a conversation to interject your "views" of your own personal greatness.

When you fart it smells like a burned veggie-burger, and you're always looking down your nose at anybody who doesn't eat vegan.

Stereotypes suck, don't they?

·
Registered
859 Posts
The tinfoil hat brigade is still strong in this thread.....

Granted, a smoker can state a fact just as well as a sane person - it's their opinions that are suspect and therefore their advise. Just a lesson I picked up in my long life....

I eat whatever I like, steak, MacDonalds, beer, avoid anything organic, drink plenty of diet soda (yes, aspartame, love it!) and just retired with zero sick time in the last thirty seven years. Had the flu once, but I was off for Xmas, so no foul.

Modern food and flouridated water won't make you sick, but your mind sure can.....
lol I dont subscribe to the tinfoil hat brigade, I was just stating the variety of chemicals and "poisons" that people consume unknowingly every day but panic when they are actually educated about it, ignorance is bliss. And the fact that people drink excessively and smoke, which does a lot more damage than fluoride and chlorine in the drinking water supply ever could. I eat whatever I want as well, I tend to eat towards the healthy side when there is the option to. However, you are wrong, modern food can make you sick, the effects may not be immediate, but there is a progressive degradation over a period of time; if you meet the criteria to be predisposed to the negative effects. I have no doubt you are extremely healthy regardless of what you consume, because it's also dependent on lifestyle, level of activity, genetics so on and so forth. Most of chemicals that are in food were not present (in food) during our evolution and so our bodies are not adapted to them because they've only been in food for the last 100-200 years or less, which is a hundred thousandth of a percent of the time humans existed, not to mention the prior species we diverted from and so on. Still some peoples bodies can process these substances with relative ease but that is how evolution and survival of the fittest works. Modern medicine has definitely slowed down the progression of the genetically superior, but its still ever present.

LOL...
So something that is toxic to our bodies has no effect on us in LOW quantities but does in high quantities? Sounds pretty ignorant to me. I bet your one of the many people that think mercury, which is ETREMELY toxic out of your mouth, is more than safe in it huh? :rolleyes:

-Beach
While i get your point, youre incorrect. There are plenty of substances that have the potential to be toxic in our bodies but we NEED. Fat soluble vitamins such as A can cause neuro toxicity in excessive amounts. We need iron to make hemoglobin, the molecule on your red blood cells responsible for capturing oxygen, yet in excess can cause hemochromatosis of which iron precipitates into organs like your liver and heart and cause organ failure. salt can be toxic, potassium can be toxic (what they use for the lethal injection KCl), and even water, one of the most abundant molecules in our body, can be toxic. I can go on and on, point is yes things that have the potential to be toxic to are bodies have no effect in low doses, are REQUIRED by our bodies or even positively affect our bodies. So no offense, but your statement was pretty ignorant sir lol.

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
So...the guy who says that no amount of a toxic substance is safe...do you never drink iced tea? Because it naturally has Fluoride in it (and they drink it all the time in China)?

The people who can't understand the concept of an acceptable level of something are part of why the cost of everything is so high today. Including health care. We currently have the highest number of cases of whooping cough (which is often fatal) in this country since 1959 because of people who are afraid to get their children immunized. Many have heard that "they put mercury in those shots." If you let your kid eat one tuna sandwich they get more mercury than they did in their shots, and most of the shots are mercury-free now anyway. But try telling that to someone wearing an aluminum-foil hat. They can't hear you because the aluminum-foil blocks the common sense going in.

On a personal note, I have had problems with my teeth my whole life and spent tens of thousands of dollars over my lifetime on dentists because my mom was afraid of me getting exposed to Fluoride when I was a child and my teeth were developing. My brother (who is a dentist) said that was the reason.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
If you listen to all these conspiracy theories the gov't tries to kill us by poisoning the water with flouride, poisoning the air via 'chem-trails', inventing diseases, killing you via vaccination, poisoning us in 50 other different way which people come up with. All this, while our life expectancy is higher than it's ever been historically.

I guess the government really sucks at poisoning...

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
LOL...
So something that is toxic to our bodies has no effect on us in LOW quantities but does in high quantities? Sounds pretty ignorant to me
What exactly is your definition of 'toxic'?
You realize even water has an ld50, so do vitamins and just about everything else you put in your body.

·
Registered
13,104 Posts
If you listen to all these conspiracy theories the gov't tries to kill us by poisoning the water with flouride, poisoning the air via 'chem-trails', inventing diseases, killing you via vaccination, poisoning us in 50 other different way which people come up with. All this, while our life expectancy is higher than it's ever been historically.

I guess the government really sucks at poisoning...
The government has been fighting a war against a drug that makes the users "stupid and lazy." Apparently they're not that good at that, either.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fluoride is meant to be applied topical and not consumed. This is why you aren't supposed to eat your toothpaste. So consuming it should not be necessary, and certainly avoided if it is not FDA regulated or safe.

Water Fluoridation = Profitable Toxic Waste Disposal!
China, in contrast, does NOT allow water fluoridation because it's too toxic and causes damage, according to their studies. Instead, the waste product from their phosphate fertilizer industry is shipped to the United States, where we add it to our water supply!
This is a very important point: the fluoride added to your water is NOT pharmaceutical grade. It's a toxic industrial waste product, which is also contaminated with lead, arsenic, radionucleotides, aluminum and other industrial contaminants.
About 75 percent of Americans get fluoridated water, and just over 65 percent have artificially fluoridated water with hydrofluorosilicic acid; the toxic waste product from phosphate industries. Meanwhile, naturally occurring fluoride is found in many water supplies, especially in volcanic regions and areas with harder water.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) does not distinguish between these two types of fluoride, but they should.
Naturally occurring fluoride in hard water areas often has a calcium fluoride. Calcium and fluoride bond very well and are not absorbed well by your body. Hydrofluorosilicic acid, on the other hand, dissolves easier and is absorbed by your body at a greater rate.
Natural calcium fluoride is about 1,000 times less toxic than hydrofluorosilicic acid or sodium fluoride, and this is because your body can't absorb nearly as much. (Note: Sodium fluoride is pharmaceutical grade fluoride, which is used in most studies, but NOT the kind added to water supplies.)
[URL="http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/10/11/dr-bill-osmunson-on-fluoride.aspx"]http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/10/11/dr-bill-osmunson-on-fluoride.aspx[/URL]

China must be the healthiest place on earth obviously.

O wait...

WATER POLLUTION IN CHINA - China | Facts and Details

Couple Main Points:

Water pollution—caused primarily by industrial waste, chemical fertilizers and raw sewage— accounts for half of the $69 billion that the Chinese economy loses to pollution every year. About 11.7 million pounds of organic pollutants are emitted into Chinese waters every day, compared to 5.5 in the United States, 3.4 in Japan, 2.3 in Germany, 3.2 in India, and 0.6 in South Africa.

Water consumed by people in China contains dangerous levels of arsenic, fluorine and sulfates. An estimated 980 million of China’s 1.3 billion people drink water every day that is partly polluted. More than 600 million Chinese drink water contaminated with human or animal wastes and 20 million people drink well water contaminated with high levels of radiation. A large number of arsenic-tainted water have been discovered. China’s high rates of liver, stomach and esophageal cancer have been linked to water pollution.

In many cases factories fouling critical water sources are making goods consumed by people in the U.S. and Europe. Problems created by China’s water pollution are not just confined to China either. Water pollution and garbage produced in China floats down its rivers to the sea and is carried by prevailing winds and currents to Japan and South Korea.

Water pollution and shortages are a more serious problem in northern China than southern China. The percentage of water considered unfit for human consumption is 45 percent in northern China, compared to 10 percent in southern China. Some 80 percent of the rivers in the northern province of Shanxi have been rated “unfit for human contact.”

About one third of the industrial waste water and more than 90 percent of household sewage in China is released into rivers and lakes without being treated. Nearly 80 percent of China's cities (278 of them) have no sewage treatment facilities and few have plans to build any and underground water supplies in 90 percent of the cites are contaminated.

Water shortages and water pollution in China are such a problem that the World Bank warns of “catastrophic consequences for future generations.” Half of China’s population lacks safe drinking water. Nearly two thirds of China’s rural population—more than 500 million people—use water contaminated by human and industrial waste.

In summer of 2011, the China government reported 43 percent of state-monitored rivers are so polluted, they're unsuitable for human contact. By one estimate one sixth of China’s population is threatened by seriously polluted water. One study found that eight of 10 Chinese coastal cities discharge excessive amounts of sewage and pollutants into the sea, often near coastal resorts and sea farming areas. Water pollution is especially bad along the coastal manufacturing belt. Despite the closure of thousands of paper mills, breweries, chemical factories and other potential sources of contamination, the water quality along a third of the waterway falls far below even the modest standards that the government requires. Most of China’s rural areas have no system in place to treat waste water.

A study by China’s Environmental Protection Agency in February 2010 said that water pollution levels were double what the government predicted them to be mainly because agricultural waste was ignored. China’s 's first pollution census in 2010 revealed farm fertilizer was a bigger source of water contamination than factory effluent

·
Registered
13,104 Posts
China has rivers that are fucking FLAMMABLE! That's healthy. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,104 Posts
Wow! The second rated quote is great too!

wait so youre telling me i can wash my vegetables AND grill them at the same time? God bless this world

·
Registered
110 Posts
Stereotypes suck, don't they?
Forgive me, I take back my offensive post. Serious

While i get your point, youre incorrect.
I'm am more than aware of everything you said. It would have been better on my part to word it differently. Thanks

They can't hear you because the aluminum-foil blocks the common sense going in.
This made me laugh lol.
Pics of your grill and i'll believe you. Your mother is smart, but you should listen to your brother..............because he went to school.

Eat what you want/believe what you want people but for the love of God, don't ever give up your guns when the time comes! lol

Crazy guy is out of here!

-Beach

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
Pics of your grill and i'll believe you.

-Beach
My front teeth are fine. About half of my molars are caps now.
It's your molars that get messed up if you don't get the fluoride when your teeth are forming. You either need to get lots of calcium or a lesser amount of fluoride to prevent that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you think you drink poison then you must test your water what is the TDS level, is it influenced by harmful insecticides, iron, chlorine or other dust, toxic acids then you must use the best whole house water filtration for your whole family health safety.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you want to save with hygienic water even you have using this water in the toilet, shower, bathroom or drinking. If you are using the best whole house water filtration system then its TDS must be reduced and makes your water softener then other water purifiers. Yes, I say it is possible only with the best whole water filtration system.

click here to know more

21 - 40 of 41 Posts