IW STi Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Track days are something that I would like to try out but I honestly don't think I have the dedication for. Suspension tuning is definitely next. Already have the Ohlins in mind. Thanks!
go to an autocross. it's a fun way to "track" the car, while still being super safe and extremely affordable. that's where i got my start, moved into trackcross (uses a section of the road course, and autocross timers), and hopefully this year will be doing my first hpde session and getting actual instruction

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX STI
268 Posts
Wow yes I am an idiot I meant FKL....

And yea i would get a semi consistent rise on open throttle and WOT. Any IE recommendations for getting this issue checked out?
If it is fine knock learn then youre perfectly okay. Youre worrying about nothing. FKL is what your car is doing to adjust for feedback knock. When it no longer adjust correctly and youre getting FBK, then that is an issue. There is literally nothing wrong with your car.

Recommendation: unplug your accessport (anxietyport) and store it away. Go about your merry way and drive your car.

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
859 Posts
Track days are something that I would like to try out but I honestly don't think I have the dedication for. Suspension tuning is definitely next. Already have the Ohlins in mind. Thanks!
I've done a few open lapping days at my local track before.
You just pay a fee and show up and are free to lap as much as you want in that time slot.
At my track you are not allowed to pass other cars except in the straight away (when the other car signals you to do so), so this prevents a lot of the dangers of track driving like being tapped or swiped or cut off in corners.
Basically you do 1-2 warmup laps, 3-6 hot laps, and 1-2 cooldown laps, then off.
Typically in a 5-9 timeslot you will do more laps than you can count or until you are low on gas lol.

This is a very low risk way to approach a trackday and is great for feeling out the car.
As long as you don't pick a high speed track with lots of concrete barriers or unfriendly runoffs you will more than likely be fine.

Reactions: Karlot
21 - 23 of 23 Posts