IW STi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum (and to the subaru community), but I figured I'd contribute a bit and show what I did earlier in case anyone wants to try this out. I've been looking into some smoke overlays for the GD tail lights, but all I could really find were dark smoke overlays. There was one site that carried light smoke, but it didn't have a picture so I didn't want to purchase it and be dissapointed. I didn't want to settle with the dark smoke either because every picture I've seen with them installed looked off - they are just too dark for my taste.

Since I couldn't purchase light smoke pre-cut, I decided I'd just purchase a roll of light smoke vinyl from ebay for less than $10 and use knifeless tape that I had from another project. I'm not a vinyl professional, but I figured since it's not complex shape that I would be working with that I could get it done pretty easily.

Here are a few pictures before, during, and after I was done. The light smoke is subtle, but I like the way it turned out.

Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
Looks clean!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Decided to show the hi-beams a bit of love with some yellow tint. It was kind of a pain to do and it took a few tries, but the dry method with knifeless tape worked the best. I tried the wet method but I couldn't get it to my liking.

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Grille

1 - 3 of 3 Posts