IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy whoever commented in a previous thread about the blitz exhaust knows what they are talking about!- my STI is still in shop with mods going in- gauges, suspension, and engine- I went to check on her today and mechanic almost wet his pants with joy as he test started her for me - car sounds awesome with exhaust, intake, and downpipe- they already removed and ported turbo, boost and e-manage are being linked and installed - can't wait to drive her !

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Wow... not happy with worx tuning at all...

:) hehe that would be me and the nur spec R crew ;) Enjoy your stuff man!! Make us a list of stuff you're doin!! (brand names too please , if possible).

Robert~

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Are you guys running the non-touring models? With or without the silencers in? I'd still love to hear some sound clips of this thing. I've already heard great things but I have a particular exhaust tone in mind and I want to make sure this is it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rob- NurspecR no silencer-this thing is LOUD and I would have to figure out how to download exhaust note onto internet- deep rumble like a worked v-8- i mean i could just sit their and listen to it and not even drive- also very clean mating to downpipe(godspeed)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya :) Im still trying to figure out the whole silencer thing as its being a pain and rattles a LOT. I tried aluminum tape to seal it up, but that didnt fix it.. o well. Im just scared to get headers and then be so loud Icant hear myself think and what not.

Clone - Yes the Nur Spec R is the nontouring model. Much louder I heard then the touring model. I dont have the silencer in.. its loud, but its a good loud... not like ricey high pitch give you a seizure while you drive loud. Kinda like a loud V8, but with more of a harley sound iguess *shrug*. I need some webspace so I can host all this stuff :(.

Kencav... I would advise getting the extra long hangers if you havent already, as it is close to the bumper. Never melting problems, but it did get really dirty fast.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
EEEEERRRRRR! if only i could run my godspeed dp and blitz nur r daily :evil: as soon as i get my dp, my exhaust is coming off...due to the fatal attraction between the exhaust and the pesky cali highway patrol. cant give them any reason to peak under my hood......but track day is another story :wink:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Anybody have any actual flow comparisons of the Blitz Nur Spec R catback kit vs. the stock STi catback kit. I'm curious to find out if the price justifies the true gain, more so than just a cooler sound. I'm still very new to turbo'd motors, but it seems like the majority of the power gained from aftermarket exhaust modifications comes from an UNcatted downpipe. I just wonder if a comparable amount of power can be made using our stock catback exhaust along with a CATLESS downpipe. Any help would be great....

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
well according to my knowledge, you will see far greater gains with a catless dp and the stock exhaust than you would with a just an aftermarket catback...hope this helps

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
I Have the nurspec touring on order as its out of stock at godspeen now it will be installed in one week so anyone can pm if they want to know more

cant wait !

sman

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya exhausts arent ever cost effective... (unless you're a supra with 700whp and are putting a 4" HKS exhaust on ~80whp gains or so). ;) They are just shiney and make a new sound, average gains are 5-10hp...

Robert~

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
just the weight savings alone is great for me! But i really liked the sound clips staticx put up...even my wife liked it and she hates me modding the car...but she said it sounded sweet!!!! Staticx strikes again :D

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
mwhahaahah... if only she could hear it now... when you're scaring catless C5 corvettes ;) you're doin something right and running with 104-107 octane with torco in... this is a scary scary thing :D hehehe

Robert~

·
Registered
166 Posts
Damn guys, I have a video of a STi doing a flyby with a TXS RFL ti exhaust that Id like to compare with another STis flyby only this time with the blitx exhaust you talk about..only prob is I havent found a flyby clilp with this exhaust. :(

How do these two compare ??

TXS rfl ti sounds a lil ricy :-?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya, thats why i like the blitz, even with headers it has a grumble, although it is getting a tad of rasp (only if you're not givign at lot of gas), but the turboXS imo has a lot of rasp in it and resonation... as for the blitz, you wont get anything like that with just catback or with a turbo back... with headers and uppipe it still is ok.... freakin vicious now.

Robert~

1 - 17 of 17 Posts