IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i soldered the power, ignition, illumination, and ground from the defi control unit to clock harness a while ago when i had the lotek a-pillar. i didnt mess with the other two wires which were orange and green if i remembered correctly. now i went with the defi clock pod, all i did was disconnect the clock harness to clock. ok, what do i have to fix to keep the airbag warning light from coming on? help please.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Actually, mine didn't even come on for the first time until the car did its first dyno pull at AMR

·
Registered
885 Posts
take the clock off out of its pod (4 screws I think) and plug the connector back in. Then take the clock and zip tie it down under the dash out of the way....theres plenty of room in there and no more airbag light. Then install your Defi pod. Problem solved.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i appreciate that guys, yeah thats what i did. i was kinda in a rush, me, my wife and daughter went to ruby tuesdays, so i just unscrewed the clock, plugged in and shoved it in there. this passed week, i heard it rattle in there so i have to stow it somewhere. thanx nhluhr, i was just hoping some electronic guru new a way to get around the system.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Sorry to open a dead thread but this just happened to me. Is the 3 10 ohm resistors the way to go?

Also when my stri gauges were wired in the boost is incorrect when lights are off but correct when lights are on, also the gauge shuts off when lights are either turned on or off then starts back up... Help?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry to open a dead thread but this just happened to me. Is the 3 10 ohm resistors the way to go?

Also when my stri gauges were wired in the boost is incorrect when lights are off but correct when lights are on, also the gauge shuts off when lights are either turned on or off then starts back up... Help?
bad guage or installed wong?

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I took the ultra-lazy route. I wrapped and taped the clock assembly, reconnected, and buried it under the dash. I didn't feel like dealing with the resistors. I have not had an issue. :tup:

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Ok any ideas with the gauge? It is wired correctly into the illumination circuit and constant power and ignition power from cig lighter

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.