IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know or at least i think the differential for the sti is 50/50 or as much as 65% to the rear wheels.......50/50 or 65% to the rear wheels

65% to the rear more effective or split 50/50?

·
Registered
42 Posts
35/65 is gonna be better pre-apex to control understeer, 50/50 is gonna be better post apex to rockect out of the corner

this is what the car does in auto mode...so keep it there unless its raining and you are in a parkinglot with no curbs :evil:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
BoostedBoxer said:
this is what the car does in auto mode...
i agree with you about keeping it in auto. however, does the car move the power around as you described; i.e. 35/65 when entering a turn in, then 50/50 on exit? how does it know this? are their roll and/or yaw signals to the c-diff? i'd always thought power moved around based only on slippage. guess i need to re-read that section of my manual.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yes, it monitors your braking, accelleration, lateral G's, and traction. Pretty kool.

Oh, and for whoever asked a few days ago, the DCCD DOES open if you engage the parking break.

·
Registered
118 Posts
murley said:
Yes, it monitors your braking, accelleration, lateral G's, and traction. Pretty kool.

Oh, and for whoever asked a few days ago, the DCCD DOES open if you engage the parking break.
i dont understand, why would it open?

·
Registered
595 Posts
To make those tight rally hairpin turns easier. :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
Open meaning that it offers the 35 front/65 rear power split.

T

·
0 Posts
It allows you to use the hand brake while moving, very useful and fun in the snow to kick that back end out. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts