IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm freaked out cuz my 2000 outback has a head gasket leak at 60,4000. (it would be covered under the 5/60000 powertrain, but the car is over 60000. believe me, i'm arguing with 'em now.) anyway, i'm now motivated to get the extended warranty. (there was a previous thread, but not a poll.)

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
So when are we meeting?

I did for a similar reason. Now I am wondering if I should of since I plan on modding my car. Oh well, atleast I have a mod friendly dealer. They actually sell Cobb tuned cars with full factory warranty. I know not everyone is that lucky.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just heard from the dealer; they'll cover the wagon. WHEW! i've definately got religion now. i'm buying the 7/100 warranty for both cars.

my dealer does turboxs stuff. i doubt if they preserve the warranty (depending on the piece of course), but at least they not a mod-phobic dealer; they won't claim that coilovers are to blame for a broken tranny.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: OMG

huh!? 3 years? what do you plan on getting in 3yrs??? or did you lease it? man, i keep my cars for 10+ years.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
No lease, I bought the car. I'm leaning toward an M3 but you never know. Since I was not sure at the time of the STi purchase I figured I'd pass on the warranty. On the other hand, I've realy enjoyed driving the STi and may keep it and get the M3 anyway.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Cool watch - Seiko Kinetic Chronograph

I second that...I was also told that you can buy the warranty after the fact.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bitabur said:
As is my understanding, you can still get the extended warranty until the factory warranty is up.... right?
yep. that's correct. i think you can get it even after your warranty is up. (but of course, you may pay more than otherwise.) i wanna get the deal that clonegts got: $1300 for 7(?)/100 with $0 deductable and all the perks.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
dont do it..
if something breaks on extended warranty, they will blame it on normal wear and tear and won't cover it anyways.....
Happened to too many people already...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the warranties say exactly what they'll cover. if one of them breaks, they fix it. period. at least that's been my experience.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I bought an extended warranty (5/100) through my credit union, where I got the loan. It's got a feature where if you don't use the warranty they'll refund all but a couple hundred bucks. It's also transferrable, which might help resale. It also doesn't require that all repair work be done by a Subaru dealer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts