IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
That is pretty cool and the price is easier to swallow. Only questio they did not answer is cutomized maps. What if I have certain upgrades and I want a map for those? I guess I can go to a COBB tuner and have a dyno/tuning day and create a map from that. Pretty cool stuff though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm very , very, very interested in this. I like the results a lot of my ECUTEK's friends have seen, but this may offer a similar solution sooner.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gforced said:
That is pretty cool and the price is easier to swallow. Only questio they did not answer is cutomized maps. What if I have certain upgrades and I want a map for those? I guess I can go to a COBB tuner and have a dyno/tuning day and create a map from that. Pretty cool stuff though.
Furtherdown in the post it mentions the street tuner and professional tuner versions. These will allow you to tune from what I understand.

-st

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Whiteline Diff Bushing Kit

Yeah, but did you see the price of the Street Tuner? $995 seems like the same price as a piggy-back. I wonder if that is basically what they are going to have to do in order to allow the user to tune?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
$995? I'll probably stick with utec as it seems more functional and has the ability to have set maps and be fully tunable, but we'll see.

trey said:
No ETA yet on STI or XT maps. Things are definitely progressing, but it's a great deal of work. For those that don't know, the STI and XT ECU's are nothing like the WRX ECU.
so that means it will be way past februray til we even hear of an STI ecu? O well guess utec is stil lthe way to go, if they ever come out with a release date.

Robert~

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
pretty cool!

what blows is that you can't use it on anyone else's ECU!?!?!?!

is there a unit out there for pulling in the data you can hook up to anyone's STi?

·
Registered
282 Posts
If it's anything like some of the other modules I've seen, it basically records the VIN of the vehicle it's installed in. If you try and plug it into something else it doesn't work. But if you uninstall it, it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Looking For Pics Of Tv installs in double din slot

Trey Cobb said
No ETA yet on STI or XT maps. Things are definitely progressing, but it's a great deal of work. For those that don't know, the STI and XT ECU's are nothing like the WRX ECU. It's completely different hardware and programming. It is, quite frankly, like starting from scratch again. Fortunately we're a bit higher up on the learning curve now but it's still a very involved process. Also keep in mind there are TWO processors on these ECUs, not just one like the WRX."
Feburary is WRX ONLY. The xede and utec for the STi will beat this device to market {by a long time}. That is my guess anyway.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yes but remember that allows a tuner to put in maps for you and get it setup for you at a fraction of the cost of Ecutek (which I never did like and which is horribly overpriced). Given those options I think it will be great since it allows us dyno tuners to dial in your car and you drive out with the ECU only not having to buy the whole $995 package.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts