IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at the local dealership for the Takata airbag recall, the dealership said they identified my lower radiator hose as leaking coolant. I believed them, since I installed the Mishimoto aftermarket radiator hoses like 10 years ago when the stock radiator cracked.

However, when I got the car back, I noticed that the coolant level was low. Surprising, since they'd have to flush and refill the system to replace that lower radiator hose. Even more surprising, my aftermarket Mishimoto hose is still there.

See picture below. You can see my top Mishimoto hose in red, bottom moshimoto hose also red, and the part of my subaru receipt indicating that they replaced the lower radiator hose. The line-item charge for this service is on the following page.

Before I blow up at their service manager, am I missing something here?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: I called the dealership. Went straight to Manager since Service Manager hasn't gotten back to me in 2 days of requests.

He acknowledged it immediately. He said he could tell in his system that mistakes were made. Didn't ask for proof at all.

He's going to send someone in a loaner to come get my car, do the repair, and bring it back. I guess that works.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
makes it really difficult to trust em . . .

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
As a customer, the credibility is ruined with them and it makes you not want to trust them let alone go back. If they are going to charge you to replace something, then it better be done!

As a tech myself, this stuff pisses me off because guys that do this really give the rest of us a bad name and ruin the business. Every customer is an uphill battle because of crap like this.

I applaud you for being the better person and not going in there raising hell. You did the right thing and by calmly contacting the dealer about it.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
How could the general manager tell mistakes were made by looking in the computer system? Phone messages that were not responded to? Perhaps listening to you messages? Sounds questionable.
My question is, do you have a leak or not? Why give it back to them and pay for fixing a non-problem? Why not just have the related charges refunded?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
How could the general manager tell mistakes were made by looking in the computer system? Phone messages that were not responded to? Perhaps listening to you messages? Sounds questionable.
My question is, do you have a leak or not? Why give it back to them and pay for fixing a non-problem? Why not just have the related charges refunded?
I dont know if the service manager can tell if mistakes were made just by looking at the invoice. I think the he is just trying to save face and retain a customer. Basically diffuse the situation and save what he can in terms of "customer satisfaction"

·
Registered
29 Posts
As a customer, the credibility is ruined with them and it makes you not want to trust them let alone go back. If they are going to charge you to replace something, then it better be done!

I applaud you for being the better person and not going in there raising hell. You did the right thing and by calmly contacting the dealer about it.
While I agree with the above, they're making it right so I * might * be willing to give them another chance.

Question is, what it a stupid mistake or pure laziness on the part of the tech?

However . . . the thing to do is find out who worked on the car and if you do decide to take the car back there again, demand that that particular tech never works on your car again.

As I stated on another forum, blowing up at the manager gets you nowhere. They will tend to ignore you once that happens. You may think it makes you feel better, but it does nothing for your situation.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I would personally place blame on the service writer then secondarily the tech as the writer has to add the line for the tech to get credit, the tech then adds notes for work completed or the writer adds the notes to close it out and submit to billing...buuut glad it has a positive outcome!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Final update:
The manager claimed that the tech decided replacing a clamp would be sufficient and didn't replace the hose. The charge I saw was for a coolant flush, which they didn't do after deciding not to replace the hose. So in the end, they came and picked up the car, did the flush (and replaced the hose for free) I had already paid for, and brought the car back to me.

Satisfactory resolution to what ultimately was a minor billing mistake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts