IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tired of many who show off discreetly talking about how good of a deal they have gotten eg. $1500-$2000 below invoice ect. (and tell others they are crazy to pay more for the car) . When in truth the bank owns your car. you miss a payment and :eek: :eek: :eek: .
Even if you have perfect credit you are still putting couple thousand $$$ in the bank's pocket over a few years. It sucks but
Anyone here not giving their money and title to the bank???
just curious

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
FS AL: Perrin short ram intake and Perrin Radiator shroud

STI_XB9R said:
Signed the check and drove the first one off the lot.
SICK :eek: I wish i was fortunate enough to do that! that would be one nice problem off my back if that were to happen :wink:

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
kingmarc63 said:
I am tired of many who show off discreetly talking about how good of a deal they have gotten eg. $1500-$2000 below invoice ect .
The point when people say that isn't to show off, it's to show others they don't HAVE to pay higher prices than necessary. You can if you want... it's your money <shrug>.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
dang man where do u people get ur money, sellen drugs??? ahahha jus kidden

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, I just up and bought the thing - makes no difference to the dealer, the only thing that impresses them is the check, NOT whose money it is. My insurance agent was happy, though, because it meant she wouldn't have to deal with some distant and uncooperative lienholder.

I'm not rich and I'm not a miser but I save money pretty compulsively. I read about the STI, looked it over, and bought it. Still can't believe I did that, but I'm sure glad I did!

Do what you want, but don't wait as long as I did. The only thing worse than dying poor is dying rich...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Credit score is what counts at the dealer. I left my Chevy 2000 Cavalier and a check. Drove home in my STi. Signed a bridge loan with U.S. Bank. The U.S. Bank officer was shocked with my rate when I paid it off.

I went with a home equity loan for the long term. Tax deductible and I own the car outright. Not that I got a great price compared to now. I bought mine in May and paid about $35,000 when all was said and done.

Currently owe about $15K on the house and $25K on the second for the car. House is on the back side of 6.5%. It would cost more to refi. Second is 3.7% ARM. No creditcard debt.

Still got the first ones in Oregon.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
kingmarc63 said:
Good to hear atleast a few people actually OWN their sti
Sorry, I don't get the whole point of your attitude about this.

Very few people don't finance part of a $30k purchase, and if they can afford it and don't take a long term loan, I don't see the problem with it.

Seems to me this thread was started over a personal beef and is, well, useless.

Have a nice day. :roll:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Depending on your interest rate on your car, there can be better investments with better returns than paying cash for an automobile. However for those who do pay cash its a good idea not to have a note, insurance reasons, and there are much worse ways to spend cash. Depends on the situation. Neither are bad unless you are being negligent to your finances or responibilites.

Jason

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
actually its not a personal beef but just to make a point to those who claim they will spending $28k on the new sti and no more. When in fact they have no down payment and bad credit. What does that = to over 5years alot of money you are giving away to the bank (even if the dealer didn't get their big profit). Personally i don't care if you paid cash (over of below msrp) for the car as long as you think its worth it and you love the car.
If you paid cash for the car more power to you.
If you finance it more power to you also but don't talk others down if they are paying more $$$ for the car. It make a big difference how much $$$ you end up giving away when you factor in you down payment and APR.

IMHO, the person who has bad credit and can afford $34K for the car straight up is making a better investment than
the person with good credit no down payment loans $28k and also make payment on 2 other cars and rents an apartment.

:lol: Let the arguments begin.
i have never had a post with so many replies I am proud, :D thanks guys

·
Registered
865 Posts
Alexandria Meeting Tuesday 2/17!!!!!

cashiers check to the most perfectionist i have ever met and car had nice mods
for grand total of 25500 cash

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.