IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Newbie here

ok guys i've read here and there that you can install a 6.5 componet set in the front doors. so here is the deal. I don't have my sti (yet) it should be here in the next 3 weeks or so. I have a honda prelude type sh, and i put a MOMO trek steering wheel on it. and i traded it for a set of Diamond Audio M661's which i am going to use as the front speakers. I have a Clarion ProAudio DXZ835MP as my head unit, now is where you guys come in.

What should i use for the rear speakers and where should they be installed at?? i know that the car is still a ways away but i just don't want it to come in and there be any loose ends left to tie up. also should i get any Dynamat or deading material?? Also does this sound like it will be a good set up??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Brake bleeder screw size?

I have some Diamond Audio S600a (6 1/2 components) and some Dynamat Extreme (bulk pack) arriving from shipment. Once I get this I'll see if I can get a digital camera and do a write up. I'll let ya know how it goes. (Yes I'm just planning on doing the front doors for now. I'll work on the subs and rear doors for fill later)

-b0n3z

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
The best place for rear speakers is not in the rear doors! The rear deck is the way to go. Much better fade. But the largest rears that will fit are 5 1/2". :-?

M

·
0 Posts
What did they do with that electronics box/relay thingy that covers up the right side rear deck hole?

I was looking at it last night to decide how big a set of speakers i could fit in there, so thanks for the 5 1/2 info

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did anyone use any dynamat in the rear deck?? i just ordered some dynamat extreme off of ebay for 35 bucks and the shops around here are selling the same thing for 90 bucks. and i just need to know if i should pick up one more from ebay??

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Airbox mod?

I am not sure if I have some on my rear deck since I now have a wall there to mount my 3 amps on and can not see underneath the deck. I do have a dynamat trunk kit though. I would think mounting some on the deck would not be a bad idea.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
great that is what i needed to know. thanks a lot MKIVSupra

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok guys, so i went out today to pick up my rear speakers and i grabed a set of M351's and i guess i'm gonna mount them in the rear deck, only problem is that they have tweeters and i don't know where to mount them are there any suggestions on where these should be placed. and my car STILL hasn't come in. but i'm gonna need to know this so that when it gets here i can get the sound installed asap and there won't be any delays on where to mount stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Hmmm... not sure how you would do it but how about in the rear pillars or whatever they are called. Maybe you should opt for cheaper speakers without separate tweets since rears are mainly for rear fill sound anyway, unless you plan on having people in the back seats a lot. I just threw a decent set of speakers in my rear deck for some rear fill sound.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i wonder how the rear pillars would look w/ the tweets in them. or maybe above the pillars and angle them towards the front cab. but i kinda want a flush look.

·
Registered
105 Posts
STi_high said:
... I have a Clarion ProAudio DXZ835MP as my head unit, now is where you guys come in. ...
I just installed this same headunit. Have you actually used this one yet? I find the display nearly impossible to see during the day. I have adjusted the contrast, etc. Certain colors are easier to see than others, but it's still pretty difficult to see. I'm contemplating calling Crutchfield and seeing about a return policy to get something easier to see, which is too bad because I really like how this one looks otherwise.

-Randy

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have had it for 4 months now and i keep it on color scan during the day and i also leave it on color scan during the night just because i don't have my STi yet, but when i get the STi i am going to keep it on red at night and color scan or blue druing the day.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Re: Upgraded to 245/40ZR 17 Kuhmo Ecsta MXs

I messed around with it some more today. The Aqua Green seems to match interior lights pretty well and is brighter than the red. The "silky white" is a bit brighter too, but doesn't really match the others... except for the boost gauge! :roll: Of course, I still don't know how it sounds! I'm still working on installing the speakers and the amp hasn't arrived yet either. (Ebay deadbeat.)

-Randy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts