IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Re: Josh's 08 DGM, Volk TE37s,P&l 30R, Built block= LOTS O FUN

Skidplate is on And looks good and should perform great. Thanks Paul from Primative racing for the great service,great product and quick ship time. :tup::tup: for the plate, my dad (a metal fabricator for 30 years) even commented on the quality and price.

·
Registered
495 Posts

Got any better pictures of the car with the wheels?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

No problem D-Force, I just got some Sonex in the mail this moring. I will do a full detal soon and get them posted.:)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)

I found my camera after weeks of searching. I was about to call it a loss, I will get some more pics for you guys when I get a chance.
Thanks Josh

·
Registered
7,626 Posts

Good looking car man. I bet your enjoying that P&L kit. :)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Re: Josh's 08 DGM STI "What A long strange trip its been" Volk TE37s 18X9.5 40

Perfect. I am actively considering CE28's in Mag Blue.

I Really like the CE28s and would have been happy with the TE or CE. I love the Mag. Blue on the DGM, I get compliments on them from everybody.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)

Good looking car man. I bet your enjoying that P&L kit. :)
I really dont like the .63 backhoushing, I have to say I may be switcing over to the .82 backhousing for more power! Any of the 30 series and above turbos have lag so whats a couple hundred more RPM? Also the E85 Map will be insane with the bigger housing.

·
Registered
605 Posts

I Really like the CE28s and would have been happy with the TE or CE. I love the Mag. Blue on the DGM, I get compliments on them from everybody.
The guy was being a stroke, so i ended up with DPTs in the size i wanted, hyperblack. Not volks, but oh well. :-/

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

The guy was being a stroke, so i ended up with DPTs in the size i wanted, hyperblack. Not volks, but oh well. :-/
You cant go wrong with a nice black, That was plan B if I couldnt get the magblues. Pics when on:)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)

Well since I have to get my new injectors tuned in I figured why not add some power! SOOOO I ordered the .82 backhousing to swap out the .63, now I know how Laggy (comparied to stock) the .63 is I figured why not lose a couple hundred RPM and gain about 30WHP. With E85 I be knocking on 450whps door. :D
exactly where I would like.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Re: Josh's 08 DGM, Volk TE37s,P&l 30R, Forged and now E85

Its about 1am and I just got home from P&L and had JR. tune my car for 93 and E85. I did 370 whp, 360wtq on 93 and 470whp,465wtq on E85. I have nothing but great things to say about Paul and the guys at P&L. Their turbo kit and their tune has produced some great #s car is now what I consider to be a fast car as I hit the first on ramp all I could do was:D. I really am amazed with the E85 as it added 100 whp!

The idle on the DW1300cc injectors really sucks. They even have a small flucuations on E85 and worse on 93. This is my second set as DW revised them and I put those in and retuned hoping for a smoother idle. Its not as extreme but its still there. How can 1000cc Dw s all flow perfect what is 300 more cc and why cant they be dialed in better?

·
Registered
412 Posts

Those are some awesome numbers. I'll bet it's a hoot to drive. :D

Sorry to hear about the DW injectors. IAG recommended that I go with Injector Dynamics for my build (2000cc/min) and stated that they have had great results with them using E85. If the DWs don't pan out for you, might be worth looking into?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)

My tuner recommended FIC (Fuel Injecter Clincs)? I havent heard much about them, I wish Injector Dynamics made injector bigger than a 1000, but not a 2,000 as thats for the big boys with 35R and above:)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Re: Josh's 08 DGM, Volk TE37s,P&l 30R, E85= LOTS O FUN

I am go make going to pressure test the line the lines and make sure its not the pump. Then I can narrow it down to the injectors. when I am stopped my idle has a little flucuation. I have a HKS SSQ3 which I hear is not helping (I have it recurculated into the intake.) I would have thought E85 would have rid me of the issue?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Re: Josh's 08 DGM, Volk TE37s,P&l 30R, Forged and now E85

Its about 1am and I just got home from P&L and had JR. tune my car for 93 and E85. I did 370 whp, 360wtq on 93 and 470whp,465wtq on E85. I have nothing but great things to say about Paul and the guys at P&L. Their turbo kit and their tune has produced some great #s car is now what I consider to be a fast car as I hit the first on ramp all I could do was:D. I really am amazed with the E85 as it added 100 whp!

The idle on the DW1300cc injectors really sucks. They even have a small flucuations on E85 and worse on 93. This is my second set as DW revised them and I put those in and retuned hoping for a smoother idle. Its not as extreme but its still there. How can 1000cc Dw s all flow perfect what is 300 more cc and why cant they be dialed in better?
Awesome man:tup: Do you know what kind of boost the E85 map is running? Post up a graph if you have a chance.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Re: Josh's 08 DGM Sucking down E85

Got the DW1300s out and installed the FIC 1100s to hopefully solve this idle issue the 1300s were causing. now I just need a tune and should be good to go;)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Re: Josh's 08 DGM Sucking down E85

Merry Christmas fellow STI enthusiasts,
I was a good boy this year as the wife got me Alcon 6 piston Front Calipers with specialy machined brakets to accept the 370s rotors insted of the 340s.Also she threw in in a RCE brake cooling kit to go with the new setup. Last year was a P&L turbo kit, she is definitly a keeper:)

41 - 60 of 182 Posts