IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: Josh's 08 DGM STI "What A long strange trip its been" Going 30R

He said he would send me extra orings of differnt sizes for $10 more in order to make it work.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts

My DW pump is in the mail. I might be able to install it soon, but there's no guarantee on that since I already have a Walbro. I'm really ignorant as far as the differences on the '08+ so I'm not even sure if I can help you. Installing the Walbro was straight forward though.

I've seen the ID1000's get rave reviews too, but if he has 90% IDC with a 20G, I'm not sure how you'll survive with a 3076R.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)

This is what concerns me. I am not going for peak power, I just want a fast,fun reliable DD. Installing the pump isnt bad I just dont know about the extra o rings.(same as the Walbro)

·
Registered
405 Posts

This what concerns me. I am not going for peak power, I just want a fast,fun reliable DD. Insalling the pump isnt bad I just dont know about the extra o rings.(same as the Walbro)
I used two washers (same size as stock, for both) for my walbro pump. I wish I had pictures but all you do once your done trimming is slide on the little plastic thing from the stock pump then slide two washers on top of that on the pump outlet vs. one. I have been running this for a long time without trouble. I used the below write, just added the extra washer per most peoples suggestion. Good Luck.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-install/152257-walbro-255lph-pump-2008-sti-wrx-lgt.html

·
Registered
577 Posts

Hello everyone,
I could use some help on injector choices. I am debating between DW1300cc or the ID1000cc. I plan to run E85 in summer and 93 in winter.
I am worried that the 1300s will drive poorly on 93, but they wont max like the 1,000s. Any help would be appreciated as it nearing spring.
im runnning 1000cc on 93 with my roated setup and no problems at all.

This what concerns me. I am not going for peak power, I just want a fast,fun reliable DD. Insalling the pump isnt bad I just dont know about the extra o rings.(same as the Walbro)
i would suggest a walbro but its really up to you. I have one and it was suggested to me as of HIGH importanace for a setup

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Blacktop Areo Rear Spoiler is in the mail! Now I just have to find a reputable painter in the area. I will post pics when I recieve it.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Chargespeed carbon lip came today, just need to do some final touches to the engine and it will be ready for a 93 tune:D. I plan on getting some track time in and if everything is kosher I will get a E85 map and see what it can really do.:devil:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

No unfortunately not, The The 2 side pieces have to be color matched to you car:(.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)

Well I had my car tuned on Wed. by tuner Jorge. I ended up with 358whp and 343wtq in 100 + degree weather and at 21 pounds of boost. While I am OK with the tune I am really not impressed with it, My new setup is going to be swap the back housing to a .82 swap and the MAP sensor from AEM and start running some E85 with a Junior Tune as I didnt like how jorge tuned it. The car was tuned poorly and his customer service sucks I thought. I am focusing on becoming a better driver so I will start the change over in winter at learn to drive with these increased power levels. So now its time for some track days.:)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Re: Josh's 08 DGM STI "What A long strange trip its been" Volks TE37s 18X9.5 40

My wife gave me the best graduation presents EVER! Volk TE37s 18X9.5 40 offset and some Perrin EL headers. I put the headers on yesterday . I am going to put my 265 35 18 star specs on the volks and I feel as though the Mag. Blue will really set it off with the DGM car color. I also ordered Black Rays Lugs to go along with the wheels. I want everything murdered out except the Volks. Next I need to get my tail lights smoked and My BTA spoiler painted and put on. She Is comming together nicely and I will get pics up as soon as the wheels are mounted.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Re: Josh's 08 DGM STI "What A long strange trip its been" Volk TE37s 18X9.5 40

I will get them mouted and balenced. By next week I will get them for you:)

·
Registered
125 Posts

Any pictures of the rims or wing. I ordered blacktop aero wing for my wife and it MAY get here by next week.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)

Well I had the wheels mounted today and the Mag Blue TE37s look great on the DGM. No rub on the fronts but the rears will need a roll. As for the Spoiler I have not had it painted yet. I have a couple of Items that need to be sprayed So I figured get all done at once. My camera is no where to be found so no pics just yet I will borrow my roomates tonight and get some pics.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Re: Josh's 08 DGM, Volk TE37s,P&l 30R, Built block= LOTS O FUN

I ordered the Primative racing Skidplate for the STI today. I like primitives desighn as its beefy and goes frame rail to frame rail. I went with the 1/8th inch plate w/ no holes for crap to get through. I also like they race what they sell and its rally proven. It only adds 10LBS and ensures nothing on the road smashes My Killer B pan or headers. Great service and a great buy!:) Thanks Primitive!

PICS as soon as I can find my missing camera!!!! I am about to chalk it up as a loss.:(

21 - 40 of 182 Posts