IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Release date: 1st Quarter 2003
Announcement date: 3rd Quarter of 2002

Spec's: 261HP, water sprayed intercooler, 6-speed, Brembo Brakes, 17" STI specific Wheels & Tires (Gold).

Colors offered:
Silver
Rally Blue
White
Blue Ridge Pearl

ProDrive edition will not be offered in the U.S.

Price: SOA will price the STi in line with the recently announced Lancer EVO. Expect an MSRP around $1,000 - $3,000 more than the EVO.

More details as they come....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Worm on 2002-01-08 12:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Thankyou for your information. :grin:

Your timeline is in line ith what I heard. That's where people are getting October 2002 and March 2003.

Thanks and keep it coming...

JJ

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, Worm, thanks for the info! Where did you get it from?.. (Just kidding...)

Could you please find out about the seats? Would they be real JDM STi seats? Drool! Or the Euro WRX/STi seats. Also, what about the quantity of the STi cars destined for the US market? The lights? Any chance of a SUNROOF in an STi?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm going to be disappointed if it doesn't come with more hp than the EVO, stock. I mean, we should at least get more than the UK version, right? The WRX had more hp, so shouldn't the STi?

I'm so bummed about this whole Spring, 2003 thing. Everybody (well, me) thought the STi and the EVO would be here 3rd quarter this year. Now it's looking very much like one more year to go. :sad:

JJ, what's the latest "word on the street"? You posted on i-club you still thought this year for the STi.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: danc on 2002-01-11 21:58 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The current word out on Rumor Street is Spring 03 as a 04 model with an announcement date this Sept/Oct.
JJ

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6-speeder - Interior should remain unchanged for the most part from the UK model. Black & Blue suede fabric and true STi seats. Gauges include a tach with a 7,250rpm red line and shift indicator LED. The WRX style Momo wheel carries over but the STi gets an STi specific Momo shift knob. Sorry, the sunroof isn't being considered at this time for the STi because it reduces the structural stiffness of the body. Since this will be Subaru's "flagship" performance vehicle in the N. American market,SOA doesn't want anything to take potential away from the STi's performance. SOA is currently testing projector beam HID headlights for the N.American market, if all goes well they will make it onto the STi. As far as quantity, 1,700 units is still the most we should expect. By keeping the STi's availibility limited, SOA can be somewhat assured that every one will sell.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Have you heard anything regarding allocation?

Is each of the 600 dealers going to get 2.83 STi's? Or are the top dealers going to be rewarded. Maybe it will be first come, first serve- if it is then I will definetly get one since I ordered in July.

JJ

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, Worm, great news!
I guess the only thing left now is the Prodrive style. Could they at least offer the huge Prodrive style rear wing? Could you influence them, please...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have heard no firm word on how the allocation will be handled. The most popular guess is that they will be allocated by the overall sales figures and the number of STi orders for each dealer. Another not-so-popular guess is that each dealership will receive at least 1 STi with top dealers receiving up to 3 total. Neither guess has been from a source I would believe 100%.

I'm sure the ProDrive parts will be availible here from aftermarket sources, but not as a factory installed part. If I was in a position to influence...I would influence them to release the STi now...worry about everything else later :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Worm on 2002-01-16 14:46 ]</font>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone know if an STi wagon exists, and is this going to come to the US as well? I'm probably older than everyone else here and don't want to be flashy :wink:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't quite uderstand the Blue Ridge Pearl choice either...not that it's a bad color, it just doesn't seem to fit. Maybe it's just me.

I prefer Silver...Rally Blue is a close second! :smile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Worm, what is Blue Ridge Pearl? If it is a lighter, "silverer" shade of Blue Metallic (the one that I have on my 2000 Impreza GT Turbo purchased in Russia (imported from Finland)) then it is an awesome color! I really did not want it originally, I thought it was too bright, but totally fell in love with it upon car's delivery. I really hope that Blue Ridge Pearl is that same color! In Russia it was called "New 555 Blue Metallic".
Also, do you know if the car is going to come with that little vent in the roof?
Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 6-speeder on 2002-01-22 03:02 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
BRP (or Blue Ridge Pearl) is IMHO, the best color you can get in a 2000 and 2001 Impreza RS.

It is a dark blue, that depending on how you look at it and lighting conditions can appear purpule, blue or black, hence the "pearl".

Advantages: When clean- the best looking color you can get, IMHO. Absolutely beautiful... :smile:

Disadvantages: Hard to keep clean, swirlmarks and scratches show up very easily, and chips show easily.

I am in a toss-up right now: do I want BRP, WRBP, or Silver?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JJ on 2002-01-22 17:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JJ on 2002-02-12 21:38 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I take it that pic you posted is blue ridge pearl. That does look like a damn nice color. Hmmm, no black, that's suprising. I thought brp was another name for black. Oh well for a daily driver black is close to the bottom of my list for colors. I think for an STi though, silver is at the bottom. I love silver but the gold rims just don't look good on silver. I want wrb or maybe white. I think now it would be wrb as my first choice and brp as my second and white third.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would take World Rally Blue Pearl. My WRX is that color and everywhere I go I get compliments about the car and the color of it.

Glen

·
Registered
35 Posts
are we definitly getting those gold rims? i know they are definitive of subaru rally, but id rather have chrome. also, does anybody know anything about options? will there be any?

·
Registered
81 Posts
The STi does not come in BRP.The colour is Blue black.From far it's black,but close up you can see a slight dark blue sheen.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts