IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walk out of Fred Meyer tonight and I notice in the light that my right rear quater panel looks wierd. I was thinking, man my car is dirty. Then I get closer and it is dented just below and left of the gas cap opening. It just happened tonight, because I got gas this morning.
I didnt see any scuff marks from a car or anything, so either the car hit it just right or some one just punched my car. The car alarm wasnt triggered either. I need a more sensitive one!!!!!!! Anyone know a good hitman!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I would like to "dent" someone.
Why cant people respect others property, all I want to know is why? (sorry had to whine a little) :(

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah..i was just irritated and kidding :-?

M

·
0 Posts
that sucks, I am always so paranoid about parking my car in public. Every time I return to it I do a full walk around just to see if it was hit. I know it will probably happen sooner or later, :(

Hopefully you will only need paintless dent removal to get it back to good.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I feel your pain!!! The same thing happened to me last week:

Left my house in the morning to drive up to a Christmas party. On the way to the party, a small rock flies up out of nowhere and smacks into my windshield. I breathe a sigh of relief as it does not cause a crack. 15 seconds later, a small 1/2" crack appears at the edge of the glass. I shout "NOOOOOOO!" and 10 seconds later, the crack extends 6 inches (and is still growing). What a pain.

Fast-forward 2 hours and I'm leaving from brunch when I walk up to my car and there's a freakin' dent in my left fender right above the tire! Blue paint left on the fender and it's an EYESORE!!! (This in addition to another ding I got on the rear driver-side door 12 days after taking delivery on my STi). I was still so mad about the crack in the windshield, I didn't know it was possible to get any madder. I wanted to take a baseball bat to every blue car in the neighborhood. Who dents the crap out of a car and just drives away!?!?!? Someone who's goin' to hell, that's who.

Fast-forward 24 hours. I'm driving north on the freeway and out of nowhere a golf-ball sized rock bounces diagonally across the freeway and smacks into the front of my car, then bounces forward off my bumper, hits the pavement, and comes back and hits me AGAIN in the grille. I couldn't see where the rock came from, or I'd have taken a license plate. Big old chunk taken out of my bumper/grille area and another scratch on the front from the second hit.

All this in less than 2 months of ownership. Going to cost me $700-800 to repair it, not counting the front bumper damage. Ok, I'm done venting now.

:evil: :evil: :evil: !

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
mistkerl said:
that sucks, I am always so paranoid about parking my car in public. Every time I return to it I do a full walk around just to see if it was hit. I know it will probably happen sooner or later, :(

Hopefully you will only need paintless dent removal to get it back to good.
I guess im not the only crazy person who does that lol. Everyone is like what the heck are you doing when i do a full scan of my car after coming out of a movie or something ;) Good luck with the fix, maybe it wont be ahuge deal.

Robert~

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
1) Start car.
2) Get out and make a full inspection while the engine warms up.
3) Drive away.

:)

This way you have an excuse for taking the time to inspect.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to the body shop....$998.56 bucks for the repair. My insurance is putting it under the uninsured motorist part of my policy so I only have to pay a 250 dollar deductible. Could be worse I guess(harlanpepper), feel for ya man.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It only took six days for someone to key mine. Oh well, I was furious at first, but what can you do. The Subaru guys were madder about it than I was I think. They just couldn't imagine someone doing it on purpose. I was parked at the end of a row, with that fender facing away from other parked cars, so someone had to walk up and do it. Even that walk around will only go so far.

The STi is much better than my 02 WRX I traded in. That poor car was cursed. 3 days after purchase I had to replace my windshield, 6 days after that I got another crack, then a month later I hit a deer. 6 months afterwards I slid into a curb while making a turn and destroyed the right front strut, wheel and tire. So the STi is not possessed or cursed like that, or I'd be looking for an exorcist.

Fred R.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I also got a dent a few weeks ago, and the car that dented mine left its paint on my door that looked like rust! I went to the body shop and they wanted $500 to repair it. I didn't let them do it for 2 reasons: one, it was really expensive for a dent! And two, my car is so new that I didn't want them to take off the paint of the whole door and then paint it again. It was not worth it for just a dent, and the paint won't be as good as factory. So I went to a painless dent removal place. After the "repair", the paint from the other car was completely off, and the dent was 95% gone. I could still see it if I look really hard, but for anyone else, they probably won't be able to find it. So I am really happy except that I still had to spend $100 for that. Damn those careless people !!! :mad:

·
Registered
84 Posts
One problem is people are so fat these days, they can't get out of the cars without swinging the doors wide open! I only take my STI to work, to visit friends and maybe to Safeway (at 7AM). I take another car to the malls and stores.
Anyway sooner or later we all get the door ding. Its just part of car ownership.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
F1 Outdoors - Gokarting

I disagree completely.

I'm pretty fat, but I can get out of a car without opening the door much at all. Certainly not excessively to where I would hit someone's car. I've never had that be any kind of a problem for me.

It's just stupid careless people. My sister is probably about 5'7" and weighs less than 120, and she just doesn't pay attention to things, and I've seen her hit people's cars before. I usually check, because I'm irritated that she hit someones car, and that she did it with MY door. I haven't seen her do any dammage, but it's still annoying. I've seen lots of other people do it while walking by them in a parking lot or something, and its always because they just throw the door open like they dont care what's out there.

Thankfully, in my jeep, nobody can ding me unless their doors are pretty tall.... they'd have to clear my side-steps, which stick out 5 inches or so wider than the door panels. Thank god it's a flat car. Of course I beat on it anyway... I bought a cheap first car so I could have fun and not be too worried about what happens to it.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Main reason I agreed was because I weigh probably 40 pounds more than I did when I got married, and I need "wider doors" than I used to! :lol:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Glove box latch adjustment?

I was driving one day down a long sweeping left hand turn when coming up the hill was a state road truck full of golf balls sized gravel, needless to say he was driving way to fast and he lost his load. :evil: I could have killed that dumb [email protected]%$#&F!^*#%. I did however call the local state road garage and read them the riot act. The filed a claim that day and I had the check before my appointment with the body shop to get it fixed. Luckily I nailed the brakes and pulled the wheel hard right to try and avoid as much damage as I could, I winded up with several large dents on the roof. All better now. :D All this happend with 500 miles.

HarlanPepper said:
I feel your pain!!! The same thing happened to me last week:

Left my house in the morning to drive up to a Christmas party. On the way to the party, a small rock flies up out of nowhere and smacks into my windshield. I breathe a sigh of relief as it does not cause a crack. 15 seconds later, a small 1/2" crack appears at the edge of the glass. I shout "NOOOOOOO!" and 10 seconds later, the crack extends 6 inches (and is still growing). What a pain.

Fast-forward 2 hours and I'm leaving from brunch when I walk up to my car and there's a freakin' dent in my left fender right above the tire! Blue paint left on the fender and it's an EYESORE!!! (This in addition to another ding I got on the rear driver-side door 12 days after taking delivery on my STi). I was still so mad about the crack in the windshield, I didn't know it was possible to get any madder. I wanted to take a baseball bat to every blue car in the neighborhood. Who dents the crap out of a car and just drives away!?!?!? Someone who's goin' to hell, that's who.

Fast-forward 24 hours. I'm driving north on the freeway and out of nowhere a golf-ball sized rock bounces diagonally across the freeway and smacks into the front of my car, then bounces forward off my bumper, hits the pavement, and comes back and hits me AGAIN in the grille. I couldn't see where the rock came from, or I'd have taken a license plate. Big old chunk taken out of my bumper/grille area and another scratch on the front from the second hit.

All this in less than 2 months of ownership. Going to cost me $700-800 to repair it, not counting the front bumper damage. Ok, I'm done venting now.

:evil: :evil: :evil: !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts