IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got calls from couple dealers in orlando i talked to in December. Two of them were charging 5k over msrp and other one didnt say how much over msrp. Now they are charging msrp. As I said, the demand for this car is going down due to the horrible economy. Anyhow if someone wants, I have a number one slot open in Orlando. Heck I might just take number 2 delievery so I might actually have two number 1 slots open.

If you ask nicely I might let you have one.. :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
deneed4spd said:
As I said, the demand for this car is going down due to the horrible economy.:p
I wonder what the economy will really do to the sales of cars like the STI. Will it damper sales or will it become the hot ticket because of a high value factor.

Because of the down economy, will folks be trading in their pricey Audis for a STI? Just another perspective.

·
Registered
99 Posts
While the economy does suck, the people who still have jobs are still getting paid and are probably still doing okay. Subaru did not price the car out of the reach of the common folk, so the demand for it is still pretty high. Obviously, it depends on where you are. Around here, the EVOs are going for $5K over, and H2, Z4, SUVs are still selling pretty well. The higher end (Turbos, Lambos, Ferrari, Maybach, etc ) are probably feeling the pinch a lot more..

deneed4spd said:
I just got calls from couple dealers in orlando i talked to in December. Two of them were charging 5k over msrp and other one didnt say how much over msrp. Now they are charging msrp. As I said, the demand for this car is going down due to the horrible economy. Anyhow if someone wants, I have a number one slot open in Orlando. Heck I might just take number 2 delievery so I might actually have two number 1 slots open.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
On that note I was surprised that Jaguar posted huge gains last year. I forgot the numbers but it was significant...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jag did post huge numbers but it is still running in red. The jump was due to their baby jag, x series. Ford has spent about 6 billion dollars trying to turn that brand around and they are suceeding but still, they havent turned a profit yet.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
No RS6?

There is limited market for STi, its high value to me and u, but Acura, Infiniti, Lexus and BMW are still considered the brands to get, the last time I checked...

stij said:
deneed4spd said:
As I said, the demand for this car is going down due to the horrible economy.:p
I wonder what the economy will really do to the sales of cars like the STI. Will it damper sales or will it become the hot ticket because of a high value factor.

Because of the down economy, will folks be trading in their pricey Audis for a STI? Just another perspective.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just went to my two local Mitsui dealers. They both said that I can get an Evo under list. Seems that the demand for the Evo has fallen off a cliff edge. People are being put off by the extreme running costs of the Evo and the cost/value. I am sure we will see the same with the Sti. Even in the UK demand falls off very fast on any new Evo or Sti. The market for these types of vehicle is very small. If you pay over MSRP for an Sti be prepared to take a bath just like the early Evo buyers will.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My soon-to-be system

deneed4spd said:

Please let me know if you still have any slots open with your dealer in O'town. All dealers in Houston are still giving me the "what the market will bear" crap. I would gladly spend a few hundred on oneway airfare and road trip back for a MSRP deal. Thanks! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts