IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all,

I am a long time VW GTi fan who lost his ride monday the 18th of september. She was a total loss,"giving her life" so I could continue on.

I am moving up to an STi and take delivery of an 06 blue with silver rims this afternoon. I can hardly wait to start this new love affair.

I look forward to learning so much about this amazing vehicle and how to best drive it.

See you out there!

-duellist

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
Welcome to iwsti and congrats on your new purchase. You'll love the sti.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
welcome ; also keep it easy on her for the first 1K miles ( i.e. dont go over 4K rpm, try and vary your revs) , but you can still have some fun =)

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
welcome to the STI world

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
STi_4_Daddy said:
TY... I had a choice from the "left overs" and to me... nothing says WRX let alone STi, like the the WRB... and besides... if your gonna sport the wing.. go all out.

The gold rims weren't easily available... so I dunno... maybe in the future... we'll see.

Thanks for all the the posts... I haven't felt so welcome since the vortex.

:D

and btw... I set the shift light at 3500K.

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
duellist said:
TY... I had a choice from the "left overs" and to me... nothing says WRX let alone STi, like the the WRB... and besides... if your gonna sport the wing.. go all out.

The gold rims weren't easily available... so I dunno... maybe in the future... we'll see.

Thanks for all the the posts... I haven't felt so welcome since the vortex.

:D

and btw... I set the shift light at 3500K.

Varying your RPM's to 4000 (Or 3500 in your case)within the first 1000 miles seems to be everyone's liking to break her in slowly but surely ;)

·
Premium Member
14,740 Posts
Congrats and welcome...I think the GTi deserves to be posted....POST SOME PICS:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts