IW STi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm am investing in some gauges this week and i am gonna go with the defi's and the defi gauge pod, now... it says that the pod does not come painted. I want to paint it the exact color as our dash iv'e seen pics of people doin it to the identical color, so has anyone done this? and if so what color is it?

Thanx guys

Mike

·
pwn n00bs
18,252 Posts
hmm i used krylons camoflauge flat black with fusion technology and it matches pretty damn good.

i'm actually going to repaint my dash with this paint.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok ok do you have any pics i might be able to see?

Mike

·
Registered
168 Posts
i was going to post one up of what i did but my digital camera didnt want to auto focus. but the pics i have will give you an idea of the matching color. used too used this stuff back in the days building model cars. anyways, spray pod with primer black prior to painting with DUPLI-COLOR(charcoal). it makes the charcoal paint darker. enjoy

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PERFECT!!

Thanx alot man that looks excellent you did a great job, i am ordering my defi setup this week, soo pumped up i will post pics when done

Thank You

Mike

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why did you decide to go with oil press? i don't kno if i should go with oil press or oil temp. what you think?

Mike

·
Registered
168 Posts
why did you decide to go with oil press? i don't kno if i should go with oil press or oil temp. what you think?
either or will suit your needs. well in my case, it helped me notice something when i installed my aps headers. i was 2 or so psi low during idle. i just got my headers jet hot coated and didnt wrapped the uppipe with the wrap it came with.(i should of) uppipe was still very hot and melted the sealant on my rocker panel. got it fix though and wrapped the header and uppipe with thermo tec wrapped.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, i bought the paint today i found charcoal grey do you think that would make a difference?

Mike

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just tried it on some card board... way off the charcoal grey is dramatically different damn it!

Mike

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

where did you end up puttin your control unit?

Thank You

Mike

·
Registered
970 Posts
05stiW said:
I'm am investing in some gauges this week and i am gonna go with the defi's and the defi gauge pod, now... it says that the pod does not come painted. I want to paint it the exact color as our dash iv'e seen pics of people doin it to the identical color, so has anyone done this? and if so what color is it?

Thanx guys

Mike
Or you could order it from these guys, they say it's color matched:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57600

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gauges are goin in either today or tomorrow, i'll have pics.

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts