IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am thinking about doing that 3 gauge set up, with boost, oil pressure, and EGT. Now I know that I can tap the boost off the BPV and get the EGT from the bung on the Cobb DP, but what do I do about the sensor for the oil pressure? Do I have to drill a hole in the oil pan? or is there any OEM sensor that already reads it or a hole in the oil pan from the factory? Is this something that a "weekend" mechanic can do or am I better off to just get this installed somewhere?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
You can get pressure either from a galley plug (kind of a PITA on the '06 because a hose is in the way) or by using a filter adapter. Tapping the oil pan would be a bit pointless since it's not under pressure at that point.

Otherwise, you can definitely do the install yourself on a weekend.

I'd think hard about the EGT gauge, though -- it's pretty much pointless IMO. I wish I had spent the money on something more useful.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oil Pressure

I have the same setup you are going with. There are two options:

a. get a tee fitting and use the existing oil pressure sensor location (goes from ntp to standard thread I think)
b. get a sandwich plate and use a port off of it (mounts in-line with the oil filter)

I have the Greddy sandwich plate and just use one of the ports. Hope this helps.:)

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
about the EGT sensor on the dp. The readings wont be as accurate as tapping into the manifold. Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the fast response guys!

Mr.99- Please inform the noobie where the stock oil pressure sensor is. :D Also by putting the T fitting on would there be any drop in pressure?

KiTsuNe- I'd rather not tap into things if I dont have to, so for me the DP is ideal. Ill just have to use whatever temps I see as a guide, cause it really is just a comparison to see how things are. Kind of an "Oh ****" indicator.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts