IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I come from the S2k world and traded by 03 recently. I'm now looking at the STI and have a black one with my name on it. I'm looking to decide tonight/tomorrow morning whether or not to move ahead and purchase.

The one I'm looking at has the short shifter. I would appreciate any feedback you guys have on your experiences with the '06 STI. Is the fun factor as great as it was with the S2k? I loved that car...

Anyway I'd appreciate any thoughts one way or the other before I make my decision...

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I cant say I have driven in an s2000, but I can tell you one thing, if you get an STI you will not regret it one bit! You will be able to drive year round if you so choose, and trust me the smiles just keep getting bigger, after each freaking mile!!!!!!!! The 06 is a great idea, since you could probably get a good deal on a leftover 06

I say you pull the trigger, You wont look back!!!!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Go for it!!! my buddy bayano who is an avid spirted driver ie track/canyon etc. Has an s2000 and a legacy, he prefers the legacy so I no for a fact the STI wont dissapoint you.

·
Registered
812 Posts
here's a link to a thread about the spt short shifter combined with the TiC super shifter kit. The "ultimate shifter"

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33740

Also, the fun factor on the STi is up there, you won't regret your purchase, you know you want to do it...

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
get the 06

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
haha yah go with an 06; the 07's are arriving which means ur just in time for a good deal. Look for somthing like 1K or more below invoice.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
STI is a great street car. I have never regretted it. The only car I would trade my 05 for is a white 06. Sexiest rex of them all.

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
It is a different kind of fun than the S2k; each has its merits. Since you have already had the Honda it won't hurt to try something different. :)

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
have you test driven one yet? If you dont i suggest you do, and it wont even compare to how the car really will perform once its yours, and out of break-in period

·
Registered
80 Posts
Buy an '07, it isn't worth a year of depreciation to save a $1000.

·
Registered
127 Posts
People that I know who have had Miata's (yes you have a S2k but they are pretty similar cars) say that the only car that was able to make them forget or give them the same feeling is an STi....

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Once you get an STI, you will not look back!

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
this is an STi (I) Site.. Of course you are gonna get the two :tup: :tup:
on the STI ..

It's a no brainer.. RWD/2 Seater/2 door vs AWD/Turbo/4 door....Ohhh and dont forget the Gold star Rating for being the safest in it's Class!!! ;) You decide!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts