IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got alittle bored today so I decided to take off the front subaru emblem and rear badges. Gives the car a much cleaner look imo :tup:

Before:

After:

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1FSTSTI said:
looks good dude. I did my trunk as well, but took everything off.
Yea, I was thinking of doing everything but I wanted to leave something on and the STi badge looked the best, so i left it. I could always take it off if I decide to later on.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
came out great dude. i left the "impreza" on mine. it makes it so its not sOo naked in the back. it balances out the STi on the other side.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
USMCrecon said:
looks good :) just use a hair dryer and some dental floss right?? ...i need to do mine
There was a video on how to do it, but i'll just sum it up for you.

It was pretty easy actually, just took some time/patience.

1. Heated up the the SUBARU lettering with a hair dryer, took like 1 min per letter.
2. Used dental floss to get behind the lettering and pull it off. Now with all the letters off, there was still all of the adhesive left over.
3. I sprayed the adhesive with bug/tar remover, some people used wd-40 or goo-gone, and let it soak/sit for 5-10 mins.
4. Wipe off all of the bug/tar remover, then take the hair dryer again and heat up the adhesive until its soft/sticky. Then rub off the adhesive, I found it to come off best with my thumb actually lol. All of the adhesive didn't come off the first try, it took me 3 times of applying the bug/tar remover and letting it soak for everything to come off.

Thats it.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Endless_STi said:
^Did the "Subaru" cause any fading to the paint after it was debadged?
Initially you could see where the emblems used to be, but I washed the trunk off, put on a couple coats of wax and theres no way you can even tell they were on there.

·
Registered
313 Posts
looks nice. i was really happpy with the way mine looked after i debadged it too.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
B00stedreams said:
Yes sir. Right across the street from innovatives old shop.
Oh really, that's awesome man. Maybe I'll see you pulling out of there sometime. Near Schultz Road?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Drive4Ever said:
be ready to hear from people, "what kind of car is that?" i get that all the time, lol
lol, yea i'm expecting it, and thats kind of what I want because the people that know, are the ones I want to know :lol:

ACHAHockey said:
Oh really, that's awesome man. Maybe I'll see you pulling out of there sometime. Near Schultz Road?
Sorta, but not really. I work in the Elma Plaza at Cy's so thats closer to Schultz than my house, so you might see it parked in the parking lot when I get it on the road. I'm sure you'll see me around. Do you live in Elma also?

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
B00stedreams said:
Sorta, but not really. I work in the Elma Plaza at Cy's so thats closer to Schultz than my house, so you might see it parked in the parking lot when I get it on the road. I'm sure you'll see me around. Do you live in Elma also?
Elma Plaza on Bowen? I live in West Seneca, about 5 minutes from the old Innovative Tuning, Hybrid connections. I'm always out in Elma, good buddy of mine lives on North Davis, my girlfriend lives off Rice. I'll definitely give ya the wave if i see you, watch for a white bugeye.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ACHAHockey said:
Elma Plaza on Bowen? I live in West Seneca, about 5 minutes from the old Innovative Tuning, Hybrid connections. I'm always out in Elma, good buddy of mine lives on North Davis, my girlfriend lives off Rice. I'll definitely give ya the wave if i see you, watch for a white bugeye.
Yep, the Elma Plaza on Bowen.

Will do, cya around :tup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts