IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Stupid thing wouldn't let me include the "before" picture for some reason...

Attachments

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
That looks hot! Are they made by Subaru or an aftermarket company?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Those badge are pretty cool, how do they attach?
The last experience I had with badging was trying to take the tank badges off a 1972 Triumph motorcycle, they were riveted on! :evil:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
M said:
Those badge are pretty cool, how do they attach?
They use the same incredibly sticky foam stuff that the OEM badges use. They come in a package that holds the individual pieces in place until you stick them to the car so you don't have to worry about aligning each letter.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Any ideas on how to reatatch my badges? i took them off and want to put them back on re-aranged... tried to come up with something cool, but the best i could do was Carbus (i turned one of the u's sideways)

·
Registered
586 Posts
FutureStiOwner said:
Any ideas on how to reatatch my badges? i took them off and want to put them back on re-aranged... tried to come up with something cool, but the best i could do was Carbus (i turned one of the u's sideways)
Carbus huh? :) I still think the best badge doctoring was an old piece o' crap RANGE ROVER that was changed to hANG. .OVER :lol:

To reattach 'em, you might check at Autozone to see if they sell that double-sided tape. That's the sort of accesory I'd not be surprised to find there. :-?

·
Registered
20 Posts
How Much Attention Does Your STi Attract?

What did you use the remove the badges without messing up the paint job?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Yeah_Dawg

I just debadged my car today. My brother and I used a heat gun to heat up each letter of the S U B A R U, then used fish line to take them off. After that, we took off as much of the big adhesive 'chunks' we could by hand then dabbed Goo Gone(dont worry this will not hurt your paint) to remove the rest of the adhesive. After that, we wiped everything clean and gave it a good coat of Zymol liquid wax to finish the job. As you will see, it turned out flawlessly.

-STiLL

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have the same color combo, the pics are great. i just used the zymol on mine wow what difference. it's true you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Another easy wya to get the adhesice off the paint is to use the hair dryer/ heat gun and a white eraser the eraser wuill rub the adhesive rigth off

1 - 14 of 14 Posts