IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am about to debadge the "subaru" on my trunk. i have read that you should wax after the badge is removed, and i was wondering if it is ok to wait a day or two to wax it. will there be any marks if i don't wax immediately after?


TIA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,483 Posts
Blow dry, blow dry, blow dry. Use your thumb to roll off the adhesive. You'll get some nasty bad blisters, but its better than scratching your paint with a plastic or metal razor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
did mine wednesday


definitly will get blisters if you roll it off with your thumb, but its the easiest way, wax is good, so is goo gone
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
iamadam1122 said:
did mine wednesday


definitly will get blisters if you roll it off with your thumb, but its the easiest way, wax is good, so is goo gone

looks good :tup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,810 Posts
empunker said:
so i am about to debadge the "subaru" on my trunk. i have read that you should wax after the badge is removed, and i was wondering if it is ok to wait a day or two to wax it. will there be any marks if i don't wax immediately after?


TIA
You will need to wax after removal in order to hide the difference in color of paint since your paint will have faded from the sun while the paint under the badges should be flawless. You don't have to wax immediately after but I would recommend clay barring and waxing at least the area where your badges were ASAP.
 

·
Registered
2019 WRX
Joined
·
4,512 Posts
SVT Amateur said:
You will need to wax after removal in order to hide the difference in color of paint since your paint will have faded from the sun while the paint under the badges should be flawless. You don't have to wax immediately after but I would recommend clay barring and waxing at least the area where your badges were ASAP.
+1 on that. I could still read the outline of the "subaru" after i debadged everything. Then I threw on some cleaner wax, and it was alll goodddd. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
I used a litte scratch-x then some wax. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,379 Posts
I just de-badged my car today and it makes a big difference.. well to me.

I used a hair dryer and dental floss to removed the badges, then I used Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover to get rid of the remaining residue, then applied a fresh coat of wax along the trunk. :tup:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Are 05 and 06 trucks the same b/c my friend wants to completely debage the truck but he told me the Subaru emblem has holes behind it. if they infact are the same, i could sell him my trunk so he can have it completely dedaged.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
grim09 said:
Are 05 and 06 trucks the same b/c my friend wants to completely debage the truck but he told me the Subaru emblem has holes behind it. if they infact are the same, i could sell him my trunk so he can have it completely dedaged.
yes there is big holes behind the 06 badge, kinda long story but i found a wrx guy that wanted a sti trunk lid and i knew innova(he has a 05) wanted a wrx lid for his sti so i hooked them up on the condition i could have the 05 lid. so the wrx now has my 06 lid lol, but everybody got what they wanted.

edit: yes they are interchangable. we all had aw.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
Just don't have any of your friends help you, one of my friends insisted on doing the 'Impreza' and while tooking it off scractehd my trunk while trying to take it off a little fast and cut corners :mad: Good luck, take your time, and goo gone/wax it :) :tup:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top