IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm about a 6 months away from buying but want to start checking out dealers during the wintertime.

I have a bit of a unique situation in that I work in Stamford, CT. M-F but reside on the south shore in MA on weekends.

I've looked at Planet Subaru in Hanover, MA. before, and they said they were dealing on STi's at invoice, but wanted a non-refundable $1500 deposit. I haven't looked at the dealer yet in Stamford (forget the name), and I'd probably prefer to buy from them since I'll likley be servicing there as well.

Also, is there a big WRX crowd in Stamford? I pass some business on Washington St. on my walk home and there are usually two WRB WRX's with TONS of crazy mods that looks awesome.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I purchaced my STi from Dan Perkin's Subaru in Milford at the end of July. They wanted a $1000 refundable down payment, and they sold it to me at list price, 30,995 when my car came in. However, I'm not positive if price is still available.

I also work in Stamford, and yes there is a nice WRX crowd there. I commute in on the the trains on the weekdays, but sometimes I'm there on the weekends with my STi. You should hear my aftermarket exhuast echoing off the buildings in downtown Stamford, wow, surprised that I haven't been pulled over yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Thorn,

Is there any kind of WRX club in Stamford? I wish I knew who the two folks are with the killer rexes on Washington St. I'm dying driving my beater 91 maxima waiting to save up for the STi!

·
Registered
411 Posts
pgray007

There is a club, but I forgot the details except that there were a couple of WRX's in it. Not sure if it the ones from Washington St. There is someone at work who is part of that club, I'll talk to him soon and let you know.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hey PGray007 - I'd urge you to take a little drive and pick up your STi from Secor Subaru in New London. Ask for Brian. I worked w/him for over 7mos. to secure my black/silver and he never once yanked me around....best salesman I've encountered. I don't even want you to pass my name to him - just give him the biz, as he's a great guy (and an enthusiast too). FWIW I work in New Canaan and live in Monroe, so it was a bit out of my way....but I do my own maintenance for the most part.

·
Registered
64 Posts
lights

Bought mine 1000 under invoice in Bourne MA,
had the fogs,tint,armrest,radio/sub etc., clearbra turbo boost gauge all done there
33,300.00 out the door minus tax and all that good stuff of course

·
Registered
104 Posts
bought mine at planet subaru in hanover, ma in september. just went there and they had four in stock - two silver ones, a blue one, and a black one in the showroom. i said i wanted the black one and drove it home the next day. on a scale of 1 - 10 on car buying experiences, i'd give them a 10. no hassles, got a good trade-in amount, got the STi for a great price, people were cool there, didn't have to pay a "$1500 non-refundable deposit". i'd reccommend them.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
If you want to drive to Springfield you can get a good deal at Curry subaru in Chicopee, MA. I bought mine there. I have been buying cars there for years and I always send my family members there as well. Great people no hassle. Up-front and honest. Great parts and service department as well. Ask for Jason Palmer. He is my friend no games with him. They have a honda dealership also. My family likes the hondas. Anyway... They will discount the MSRP, give you money for a trade and get you good financing. You can count on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts