IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Braking

I called the my dealer to find out about the wait list and he doesnt know anything? All he says he will take the deposit and a copy of my drivers lic. Is this the norm for deposits at dealers. What exactly does the whole process entail?
"What are you trying to tell me?That i can dodge bullets?No, Neo. Im trying to tell you when you're ready, you won't have to."

·
Registered
176 Posts
My dealer told me SOA informed all Subaru dealers several months back that they could start taking orders with the customer filling out a buyers order.

I filled out a buyers order with a $500 refundable deposit attached, as well as it stating not to be sold over MSRP, and that I am #2 on the list. This deposit gives me the right to buy or refuse to buy the 2nd STI they get. Obviously, if I refuse to buy the car I get my $500 back. Also, this deposit does not guarantee that I will get a car, but being #2 on the list helps.

Also, make sure you get all of this in writing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much . Going to the dealer today and i hope he does'nt try to and pull a fast one :wink:

·
Registered
67 Posts
DVTURK said:
My dealer told me SOA informed all Subaru dealers several months back that they could start taking orders with the customer filling out a buyers order.

I filled out a buyers order with a $500 refundable deposit attached, as well as it stating not to be sold over MSRP, and that I am #2 on the list. This deposit gives me the right to buy or refuse to buy the 2nd STI they get. Obviously, if I refuse to buy the car I get my $500 back. Also, this deposit does not guarantee that I will get a car, but being #2 on the list helps.

Also, make sure you get all of this in writing.
I did the same thing except I am first on my dealers list.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Same story, with a few other details here.....

$500 refundable deposit....haven't been charged it yet...will be upon placing final order

Deposit is refunded upon refusal and sale of the car from the dealer's lot (which won't be a problem).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts