IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been calling and visiting surrounding dealers in MA for some time now. Since prior to my first posts on this forumn (about my sanity for considering parting with my 750il to purchase an STI) I have been trying to get a dealer to allow a test drive so I can assertain whether I am going to pursue ordering an STI. I can't wait till the hype is over for sure.

I recall when the ZR1 came out in 1990 that nobody could drive them and the dealers wanted significant premiums over list to get one. AFter a year it was another story.

My reason for posting - Does anyong know of a dealer in a reasonable proximity to SE MASS that has started allowing demo's for serious potential victims.

The closest I've gotten is a local dealer will let me demo the car after we come to an agreement on price and write up the deal. That was only after dealing with one salesperson for a month or more and telling her that I've test driven BMW and the maxima SE but won't make a final decision until I've driven the STI.

LAstly, if anynone is in the SE MA area and has an inclination to give a portly middleaged car enthusiast a ride - I'd probably graciously accept. Not something I feel comfortable bringing up - but did anyway. I remember how much I used to love taking an unsuspecting "victim" for a ride in a ZR1. First the fear, then the white knuckles, then the biggest sh*t eatin grin you've ever seen.

I just have to know if the STI can or does duplicate that raw feel of power that the ZR1 has. If so- I just may have to part with my luxo boat.

Thanks the site - and the input

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Kes

You should not have trouble getting a ride in a STI now there is plenty in stock. I suggest that you call Sam @natick subaru and see if you can not get a test. My car has only a few hundred mile on it so I not to up to giving test drives, but would be happy to take you for a drive..

Best of luck

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Turboback or Catback ?

just about any dealer will let you put down a REFUNDABLE deposit and then let you take a test drive. If you don't like it, you can get your money back. The dealership in my area is limiting test drives to 2 miles to discourage any abuse.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx wrx 555 - If things work out I'd love a ride. NAtick suburu I had not tried. We can give them a call - we did contact hanover, somerset, borne, and a few others on the north shore. XMAN - I've gone over it with the closer dealers several times - best I got was to work out the deal with the trade and price etc and then as you said a deposit and then a drive. Not my cup of tea - especially considering what I'm stepping out of. I thank you both for the feedback though. I'll be callling mr Nick shortly to see what we see.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
what was your previous...

Joe at Carter Subaru just took my friend and me out for test drives, today. OMG! First of all, since I met Joe in person over a week ago, I can say he's one of the coolest guys in the business. Add to that the fact that our test car had already been broken-in and had its oil changed. Customer trade (long story, but it was traded for another STi). Anyway, Joe invited both of us to test drive it . . . no deposit or anything! We had a great time, and I think my friend (who's name is also Joe) is actually going to pick-up the black demo car we drove today! :lol:

I love when things work out!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, had the mrs call same (I'm a phone phobic I think) - said he'd take us out when he got one in stock - wanted to know who recomended him - WRX555 - if you care for me to let hoim know - assuming he calls us back as promised - let me know who to tell him ([email protected]) -

Yukonart - I'm happy for you and your friend - sounds like you were quite impressed. Forgive me, but where is Carter Subaru? Seems as though its common knowledge - you'll have to fogive me for being a novice here.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
Sorry. . .. Seattle, WA :D

Yup. . . VERY impressed. The first time I romped on the gas I practically peed my pants!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it happened. Sam at NAtick Suburu kept his promise. Called me yesterday and let me take him for a spin in a nice Blue STI tonight. Cant thank you (WRX 555) enough. No pressure. Road was striaght and I kept it below 4500 RPM . But managed to at least get a general feel for it. Now I have to decide if its the right ticket for me. I had waited so long to get a ride I was in the midst of making (well trying to) a deal on an H2 Hummer. Now I have to back pedal and do some hard thinking. Thank you all. :D

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
KES, find a local STI owner with over 1000 miles on it and take him for a spin..
Just post: SE Mass, any owners out there?
Try nasioc, here, i-club, fastwrx.net... Pretty sure U'll find something. Post in regional forum here (NorthEast, in your case)..
Good Luck..
:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts