IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting with my dealer when I bought it and they were telling me that Subaru does not Warr seals and washers because they are "maintenance" items. I sat their pondering and told him that they could attribute any problem to this and therefor void the war on just about any thing. They had made a few more comments that made me feel real insecure about my warr on the Sti. I would not doubt this since its bound to have a few problems due to its nature.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I would think something like that would be covered under the 3 year / 36k bumper to bumper part of the warranty. I've never known anyone that had to go through their car and replace seals as part of regular maintenence. Replacing hoses and seals like that is probably a good idea every 50k miles just as a precautionary measure, but is not always necessary. If things failed before the 36k warranty I'd be a little ticked. The oil filter seal might be an exception to that rule, though :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
seals and gaskets ARE covered under your 3/36 warranty and in some cases even under the 5/60 powertrain.it is just SO scary to me how many dealers do not know what they are talking about!Yikes!

Brian Ichter
Secor Subaru
New London,CT
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts