IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guy's, I have a question what do you guys think of the Deadbolt TDO6H 20G turbo for my 04 sti...I am looking to make alittle over 400whp ?tg..And is this a direct bolt on..Thanks Gene

Ps or a slowboy 20g..

·
Registered
2005 STi
1,289 Posts
Its a great turbo to upgrade too. Awesome torque and almost no extra lag over stock if any.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would prob good with the SZ49 if your goals are 400whp. You could make that on the 20g but you will prob need meth injection. Better off to just get the sz49. it has a 49lb/min wheel compared to the 20gs 44.5lb/min. 20gs usually make 330-360whp.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both..I am not interested in running meth..just looking for a direct bolt on turbo that will make over 400+whp....I already have a tbe looking to buy fmic and cobb ap...just would like to no what's the best bolt on turbo for the money..Thanks Gene

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
20G is not what you want for +400 Whp, its a great turbo but not the best for that power range...

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
20G won't be a 400whp daily driver, it's ideal for 350 -375 with barely any lag depending on supporting mods.
400whp on a 20g would require race gas and/or alcohol (or methanol) injection.

If you want 400whp on 93 octane then you're going to have to go very big and plan on all the necessary supporting mods.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
i loved my 20g, hated my sz49. the 20g wont make 400whp on 93, but it'll hang door to door with a 400whp sti (sz49/green), not much difference until 5th gear. for me, the only turbos to really consider is the 20g or a gt35r, although the t3/t04s UR kit looks good for the price ($2600 kit).

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Here is what I am going with:

TD06H-20G
PE850s
Walbro
APS Inlet
TGV Deletes
Big TMIC (installed)
Meth Injection (installed)
AP (installed and protuned)
APS 65mm CAI (installed)
APS Catless 3.5" (installed)

What do you think I will get with this?

CB

·
Registered
145 Posts
fastcb said:
Here is what I am going with:

TD06H-20G
PE850s
Walbro
APS Inlet
TGV Deletes
Big TMIC (installed)
Meth Injection (installed)
AP (installed and protuned)
APS 65mm CAI (installed)
APS Catless 3.5" (installed)

What do you think I will get with this?

CB
well that all depends on if you get a mapped tunned for the meth. You could be hitting 400whp at around 24-25pis on meth injection and prob around 350-375 wheel on 93 at around 21-22psi. There was an 06 wrx wagon in PR that was running like 385whp and over 400ftlb to the wheels on a 20g and jdm sti tmic.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
i thought you dno't need aps inlet or tgv delete for 20g.
what exactly do you need for 20g?

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
JKonquer said:
i thought you dno't need aps inlet or tgv delete for 20g.
what exactly do you need for 20g?

Inlet is recommended for any aftermarket turbo, as the stock inlet is restrictive and prone to break.

TGV deletes are not required, but are required if you plan on running a 3" turbo.

A 20G turbo Requires at minimum:

Stage 2 Setup +

Injectors
Fuel Pump
Large TMIC/FMIC
Tune

Inlet, Headers, Meth, CAI, TGV's, FMIC (If you choose a TMIC above) will lead to further power.

·
Registered
774 Posts
wrx04_sti said:
I think i am going with sz49..Going to get fmic,fuel pump,injectors,cobb ap,uppipe.I already have tbe,intake,and some other small stuff...Am i missing anything...
Make sure you have a good intake to support the MAF. Be aware of the Perrin Bigmaf. Your list looks good. Maybe some nice headers and good tuning makes the difference.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
JJ18Sniper said:
Inlet is recommended for any aftermarket turbo, as the stock inlet is restrictive and prone to break.

TGV deletes are not required, but are required if you plan on running a 3" turbo.

A 20G turbo Requires at minimum:

Stage 2 Setup +

Injectors
Fuel Pump
Large TMIC/FMIC
Tune

Inlet, Headers, Meth, CAI, TGV's, FMIC (If you choose a TMIC above) will lead to further power.

thanks, what about external wastegate on 20g? i know a guy with 20g with ported wastegate, is that ok?

·
Registered
145 Posts
yes, Ultimate Racing makes an upipe for 38mm Tial wastegate. They can make it to fit for most downpipes. Better to call them before hand. If you have the money for ewg you should deff get it, helps control the boost much better. Not worth it to port the wastegate espically on the td06h because its not going to do much.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow...Now this is what i am talking about...I want to THANK ALL of you guyz from iwsti for all the GREAT info...:bow: :bow: ...What intake is go to run with the sz49..right now i have the perrin short ram...Thanks Gene

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.