IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WA dealerships?

Anyone have a goot info source on our DCCD and what each position does?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i believe full open is 35 front 65 rear and full ock is 50 / 50. so I suppose its just varying between them, I'll check the service manual though.

hmm im kinda confused on what Im seeing.... well crap i just was trying to explain it and then completely confused myself. Heres what it says though:
Indicator 1 - lock ratio: 0%
Indicator 2 - lock ratio: 15%
Indicator 3 - lock ratio: 35%
Indicator 4 - lock ratio: 65%
Indicator 5 - lock ratio: 85%
Indicator 6 - lock ratio: 100%

is that of any help? maybe someone smarter then I can explain it for us ;).

Robert~

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
boss dj?

Perhaps not all the answers, but a considerably improved idea of how exactly the DCCD works.

I've spent the last hour or so trudging through all 6 pages of that, mostly technical babble, and I can say that by the end they pretty much got it right.

What it really boils down to is this:
For driving under normal conditions, the worse the traction situation, the more lock percentage your DCCD should be set at, should you choose a manual setting. IE, don't use 100% lock except on slippery surfaces, such as in snow or on gravel.

But that really doesn't matter since I suspect almost everyone will use auto unless they're racing, in which case you'll need to use the trial and error process a bit more. I would imagine that a high degree of lock would be ideal for high-speed starts, as it wouldn't allow torque loss from any single wheel's slippage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts