IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the power split when in manual mode?? the manual doesn't say and there are about 5 or 6 different settings that light up in green when you turn the dial???

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Manual mode...you set the split from 35/65 to 50/50. You progress from the 35/65 to the 50/50 as you dial the DCCD dial forward. LOCK is 50/50.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
each indicated setting is a change of 5%.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also have many questions on the DCCD. Does anyone know where to find details on how it works? Examples of what I'd like to know:

o Locking: is it only front/back but not left/right? Will it behave like a 4X4?
o Durability: can one always leave it to 35/65 and not break anything? Same questions for 50/50.
o I've heard that 50/50 would be better on slipery surface. Why? As far as I know, 4X4 is INFERIOR in slipery conditions because if a wheel slips, it will spin. A more intelligent system would distribute power to wheels that don't slip.
o If anything other than 50/50 is not locked, does it mean that the system behaves like on auto mode at all the other settings except that it is biased differently?
o What is the min/max power you can have on a wheel?

Anyway, a link to a good write up on the subject would be great. I look on this site but the discussions didn't answer all my questions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
search this forum for other discussions on the DCCD. There is a huge thread over on NASIOC if you want to really get into the nitty gritty of how it all works. Go to the forums on impreza.net, STi Info forum, and the thread is called "Something that will scare new STi owners" or something along those lines.

·
Registered
858 Posts
clong said:
I also have many questions on the DCCD. Does anyone know where to find details on how it works? Examples of what I'd like to know:

o Locking: is it only front/back but not left/right? Will it behave like a 4X4?
the STi has a rear LSD and a gear type LSD in the front.

while not a true "locker" (like the ARB locker in my toyota truck, the detroit LOCKER and a few more), LSDs will give power to that wheel that isnt spinning. but it is LIMITED, as the name describe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Crazy Modifided Race STi. picture.

CloNeGTS said:
But it will lock the power front/rear at 50/50. From there, it is the diffs doing the work.
When the center diff is moved to manual control and to the Lock position, it locks in a 35F/65R torque split - not 50/50.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts