IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some good stuff from the service manual to help people understand the different inputs to the DCCD system & how DCCD reacts to input in Auto Mode.

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
another component list to be evaluated

Wow. Thats great stuff. With all the fail-safes and interlocks between systems, this must have taken a huge amount of R&D to design.

-Lance

·
Registered
99 Posts
when mine is in manual mode it makes lots of noise on corners no matter what setting I'm in. Is that normal ? It makes a popping sound that can be felt in the shifter too. When its in auto it makes no noise at all.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Yes it is normal. Read the manual, it states in there that in manual mode/lock position you will hear a popping sound, it is the diff's. I hear it sometimes in Auto mode also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kind of a similar question regarding DCCD.

When in Auto mode and accelerating hard in Strainght line. I hear slight bang sound when changing gears hard, sounds like it is coming from the rear. It tends to be much less in Manual mode.

Something to do the auto mode not quite knowing what to do (rear diff being looser that in manual mode) ??

Could also be a changing gears too fast :D Doing you think will eventually cause damage?

When in Manual mode and taking tight corners, I hear clicking sound normally also feel a slight "gravel" like feeling in steering wheel and shifter, not present or quieter in auto mode. Is this because of lock of front/back differential ?? Probably the same thing as Rocco is describing?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Great info. Thanks!

Concerning cornering control: when in manual mode do all four wheels rotate at the same rate with no slip regardless of traction?

Please help a commoner.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Remember the Subaru commercial: Transfering power from the wheels that slip to the wheels that grip.

If all four wheels rotated at the same rate you would have a hard time turning without making a lot of noise and tire smoke.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Concerning cornering control: when in manual mode do all four wheels rotate at the same rate with no slip regardless of traction?

Edit: added chart.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts