IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the US STi have DRL? If so, how do you disable/disconnect the stupid system? I want to turn on headlghts when I frickin' feel like it.

Thanks

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
On most cars, there is a fuse for DRL / Auto lights. At least in the 98 Lumina sedan I had for a while it was a simple matter of pulling the fuse, and leaving it out. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as I know there are many post 1990 cars without them. My 2001 truck does not have DRL. In my opinion, DRL are just not "cool".

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes! WRC to the US. I will be there!

Also, I am hoping to buy my white/silver very soon. :D

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
well, but "north america", i meant the continent, not the US. :) in fact, the last rumor i heard was that montreal was being considered. but truly, the location in NA is irrelevant. i'm there one way or the other. :) if it's on the east half of the continent, i'll drive my car; if not, i'll fly.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Re: Greetings and a few questions

oh well, tomorrow it might be detroit. :D like is say, anywhere in NA and i'm there. as long as it's not on the F1 weekend, which, according to more rumors, might be moved earlier in the year to come after the montreal gp. but we should stop this before someone yells at us for being so far off topic. ;)

T

·
0 Posts
Yes Canada has the DRL, it's the law here. And if you ask me a good one. Nothing worse than driving in the rain during daylight and not seeing someone coming your way because the moron is to stupid to put his lights on. Just a humble opinion. :eek:

·
Registered
311 Posts
turbs said:
Yes Canada has the DRL, it's the law here. And if you ask me a good one. Nothing worse than driving in the rain during daylight and not seeing someone coming your way because the moron is to stupid to put his lights on. Just a humble opinion. :eek:
Yes, I think its a good law too. The fog along my road is horrible at night. I actually had to slow down (imagine that!) from 100 to 30km/h so I could see.

Now, whoy WOUNDLT you want anybody to see your car at night? I guess the speeding white lights must attract the blue ones ;)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well, let's see, here in America we have places that don't get fog. Imagine that! :roll: And sometimes, it's sunny outside, too.

Lights on in the daytime are annoying. Period. If you want other people to see you, reach over to the headlight stalk and turn them on. DRLs are a nanny technology, and the only thing worse than that is a nanny technology mandated by the government (another good example: airbag stickers, ugh).

That's my opinion. I'm just glad I didn't need to unhook any DRLs on my STi! :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Whats this Sun you speak of? Oh wait, im not from Nova Scotia, I've seen the sun ;) :p

I remember the horrible horrible sight of that wood chippered sun visor. Well, good thing I don't use my sun visors anyway so I'd never see the stickers :p

Maybe we could replace the DRL with strobe lights. Bring on the fuzzy dice! :eek:

·
Registered
359 Posts
4MLA1FN said:
snsjets said:
Does the US STi have DRL?
doesn't look like you got your question answered. the answer is no. apparently the canadian sti does. (??)
THIS IS A ACCURATE STATEMENT!

They make running your car during a drive inn movie impossible... !!!! No A/C during ... well...nm

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I thought you just had to engage the emergency brake in order to turn off the DRL's. That is how my VW works, about the only thing that has not had a problem(knock on wood).

·
Registered
311 Posts
I know that in my Outback when the car turns off, the lights turn off. None of this stupid flipping switches so your car doesn't die after leaving the headlights on. I hate that so much. All the Toyotas and Hondas are like that... grr... Why do they do that anyway?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts