IW STi Forum banner

Dash Touch UP?

Interior 
2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  staticx313 
#1 ·
While installing my stereo, I left acouple light scratches in the dash (dark grey/blackish stuff) and was wondering if subaru made a pen or marker or somethign tofix this? ANY HELP would be great as they are highly annoying.

Robert~

#8 ·
Re: Cool cars to see

I know this is not as cost effective as the touch up paint but if it is just the piece around the radio that can be replaced. I am sure it is not very cheap but if it is really bad you may want to consider it. If you do find a price for the part let the rest of us know, I am kinda crurious myself.

#9 ·
static, a uselful trick for dash and vinyle touch-ups that has worked for me is to get a pen with some sort of plastic lid, and then press the plastic against the mark you made, if u do this correctly, u will see that the plastic will mold in the mark and it will become unoticable.

#10 ·
hee hee...

or try using the butt end of a screwdriver... i learned this trick from a car stereo friend about 10 years ago when i helped him install a gigantic subwoofer box into a hatchback.

he scraped the plastic. he then used the butt end of a screwdriver to rub out the scratch... i'd say it was close to 90% gone...

#15 ·
dangit no more suggestions? I might try to find a black or dark grey sharpie and give it a whirl... or better yet try something like a dark dark pencil ... i've made most of them smooth out and dissapear, but... its still there :(

Robert~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.