IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Just wanted to make this thread so friends and family could check out mods as they arrive. Feel free to add suggestions, input, or advice. Thanks for browsing!

12/24/2012:
STI is finally mine :)

12/25/2012:
Merry Christmas! Woke up to this (I still can't believe it's real):

Quick couple of mods:

* eliminated the daytime running lights...because... well..... they suck.
* not really a mod, per se, but I've had this carbon fiber license plate frame laying around for years. Figured it looked better than the dealer frame:

12/27/2012:
Some quickies and certainly nothing stellar:

* got my trusty broadway mirror back. Eff you, blind spots!
* wheel locks. I have no idea how the previous owner didn't get them jacked.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
12/29/2012:
First shot, my two favorite girls:

Mods for today:

* more of a fix. The alarm chirp stopped working so I looked up a fix online and took care of it. In case this is happening to you, here is the way to fix it: LINKY
* got all my LED replacement bulbs (except for the front turn signals) and took some shots for you guys:

LICENSE PLATE (burned out bulb on the left, LED on the right)

TURN SIGNAL (before and after)

REVERSE (before and after)

DOME (before and after)

MAP LIGHT

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
1/12/2013:
So last weekend I picked up a couple of goodies: a used catback to replace the Magnaflow I have and a cobb accessport. I'm trying something out with my accessport. I logging what kind of mileage I get per tank on the stock, economy, and stage 1 CA map. Once I have the numbers, I can decide which is the best balance of fun/efficiency. So in the meantime, here's the latest mod:

*the exhaust swap!

For my first trick, I'll make Roxy levitate

Couple of shots of the old exhaust

New exhaust

New exhaust hit my diffuser so I had to cut a notch off

*finished product and exhaust clips on next post!

**Magnaflow exhaust up for sale!!!!!**: LINK

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
looks like your off to a smart start
best of luck
Ty, sir! Slow and steady wins the race, right?

Nice Start! Thanks for Sharing.
:)

Welcome, nice ride
Thanks!

I have that same HKS sweatshirt :D Nice car, looks clean
I like yo style, willub. Mine has little tears here and there but ill wear it the wheels fall off lol

What light did u use on ur dome and map lights? I like the look of that! BTW glad to see another cgm sti:)
I got them from this cat on eBay (great seller and great price): eBay I would recommend buying 2 sets (each set comes with 2) so you can swap out the map lights too. The maps are SUPER bright. :tup:

Glad to be here, sir!

·
Super Moderator
10,687 Posts
Welcome and thanks for sharing images of your new car and progress.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
1/22/2013:

Hey guys, now that I have my AccessPORT, I'm sure like many of you, I hate having to pull my best contortionist moves to access the damn test mode connectors. To that, I say "NO MORE!" Today I added this mod:

*not particularly clever, but definitely useful: added a toggle switch to create a circuit between the two test connectors. Now, instead of having to go underneath the dash, I just simply flip the switch next to the inter cooler sprayer! :banana:

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'd probably use a different style switch for that, like a covered toggle switch. Don't remember if the test connection being connected while driving can cause any issues, but I personally wouldn't want to risk finding out. Just in case maybe your knee hits it or something(also probably wouldn't feel too great).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Once installed, I thought of it. Then I started playin with my AP. I came to find out that once you turn the ignition to "on" and then I try to flip the toggle, I could not access test mode. I could only access test mode by, turning the key off, flipping the toggle switch, then turning the ignition on. Looks like there was a safety measure subaru put in place. :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Once installed, I thought of it. Then I started playin with my AP. I came to find out that once you turn the ignition to "on" and then I try to flip the toggle, I could not access test mode. I could only access test mode by, turning the key off, flipping the toggle switch, then turning the ignition on. Looks like there was a safety measure subaru put in place. :)
Ah, okay, well that's good to know regardless, so I didn't waste my day then. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks good!
Hey man, if you want to go low pro with a WRX wing and trunk lmk so we can trade! I've been dying to get my wing back :(
Lol sorry, boss, the wife LOVES the wing. I'll let you know if I change my mind though ;)

Ah, okay, well that's good to know regardless, so I didn't waste my day then. ;)
Lol yeah I wanted a toggle with a cover but RadioShack didn't have any :(

·
Registered
827 Posts
Lol yeah I wanted a toggle with a cover but RadioShack didn't have any :(
Internet my friend. McMaster-Carr might have something, or I'm sure one of the guys here can think of someplace else that would have what you want. I'm tired and can only think of McMaster-Carr or eBay. Like these covers:
1x Toggle Switch FLIP Safety Cover Guard Military B01
http://bit.ly/V8Gwo5
1,Toggle Switch Racing Lights Safety Cover/Guard,TBL01s
http://bit.ly/V8GEUF
Or this switch with a cover:
New Blue CarAuto Cover LED SPST Toggle Rocker Switch Control On/Off 12V 20A ER99
http://bit.ly/V8GSv6
Found a bunch more on eBay, but they mostly have lights in them too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Internet my friend. McMaster-Carr might have something, or I'm sure one of the guys here can think of someplace else that would have what you want. I'm tired and can only think of McMaster-Carr or eBay. Like these covers:
1x Toggle Switch FLIP Safety Cover Guard Military B01
http://bit.ly/V8Gwo5
1,Toggle Switch Racing Lights Safety Cover/Guard,TBL01s
http://bit.ly/V8GEUF
Or this switch with a cover:
New Blue CarAuto Cover LED SPST Toggle Rocker Switch Control On/Off 12V 20A ER99
http://bit.ly/V8GSv6
Found a bunch more on eBay, but they mostly have lights in them too.
Lol thanks. I knew where to buy them, just not locally (I didn't want to wait for shipping)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts