IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fun little story about the Thunderbirds ... just after they started, they did the 4 plane diamond formation. They came in from the west and exited west-south-west. I was following them, anyone who has seen their show knows there are 2 solo pilots. Well, as I was finishing up panning with the formation, I jump about a foot and nearly drop my camera as one of them comes from behind at full afterburner about 50-60ft away:-D. Luckily I was not the only one who wasn't ready, I heard a few people gasp and jump too:D

The weather was odd again today, it was partly to mostly cloudy and very cold and windy. I was glad I had my wind breaker with me, as 55 degrees with a 20mph wind isn't very warm. Luckily I ski and love the cold, so I made out ok. I feel I did better on the prop planes today. I concentrated on the show planes instead of the racers which were farther away and that seemed to make the difference.

Sorry for all the talking, just want to lay everything out! On to the pics: Full Friday Gallery

Thunderbirds:

F-4:

F-15:

F/A-18:

Gene Soucy:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Those are some amazing pics. Nice job!

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Those are some amazing pics! I don't think F-4 Phantoms are cool, but that pic is so detailed it looks sick

·
Registered
156 Posts
Great pics, DARK! Love the detail - so much better than my $400 Kodak.

You going out to the outer pylons today? I'll be there for the Jets and Unlimiteds this afternoon with my kids. I also know a good spot to poach the T-bird show.

Is there a Saab jet demo too?

Maybe I'll seeya. Look for an older beater '86 'Yota 4wd Wagon.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nah :( I am actually taking a break today. I think I ate something that didnt agree with me and I am also very sore from the camera. I may go out for the F4/F15 and the Tbirds. I will most likely be out in Red Rock Sunday though:tup: :tup:
knucklesplitter said:
Great pics, DARK! Love the detail - so much better than my $400 Kodak.

You going out to the outer pylons today? I'll be there for the Jets and Unlimiteds this afternoon with my kids. I also know a good spot to poach the T-bird show.

Is there a Saab jet demo too?

Maybe I'll seeya. Look for an older beater '86 'Yota 4wd Wagon.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I was hardly able to get up to get to the air races at 9:00am, I dont know if I could do 5-6am:lol:
STi_4_Daddy said:
I was wondering if you were gonna do the Air Races man , Amazing shots by the way ;) (OT: Did you ever shoot the Balloon Races last weekend? )

·
Registered
615 Posts
Great shots - both these here and those in the link. I was down by Meadowood this afternoon and saw the T-Birds taking off from the airport for what I assume was their 2:00 show and was amazed as how close together the take-offs were and how quickly they were out of sight! I have always loved watching these and the Blue Angels.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeap, it was there 2:00 show. They even flew over my parents house up here by Mcqueen. It is amazing how precise they are :)
RenoSTi said:
Great shots - both these here and those in the link. I was down by Meadowood this afternoon and saw the T-Birds taking off from the airport for what I assume was their 2:00 show and was amazed as how close together the take-offs were and how quickly they were out of sight! I have always loved watching these and the Blue Angels.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.