IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 sti purchased pre owned, stock.
I got an AP with a custom Etune,everything was great. Suddenly DAM dropped to 0.0..feedback knock was reaching -10 at times mostly around -2.0. Fine knock learn was all over the place consistent at -11.45, max boost of 8 psi. No audible knock either WOT numbers go away. Usually when I hop on the freeway DAM comes back to 1.0.

Here's one date log

datazap.me | Ccscrub14 | Log 1557630084

datazap.me | Ccscrub14 | Log 1557629868

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I might add, my tuner strongly believes its false because of where the knock occurs, at low rpm low boost.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Logs with DAM at 0 already, don't really provide any useful info as it is reducing boost, reducing timing, and adding fuel already. Do a single pull (3rd or 4th) and post that log.
Will do. I have them just gotta find it

·
Super Moderator
8,389 Posts
I zoomed into one area and dam was .5... However, your timing was in the negatives, like -5 - -6.

When I found one with DAM at 1, the timing was low, like 5 at 3k RPM. From what I am seeing, I'm far from impressed with the tune.

I'd like to see a single WOT log (without all the additional data to sift through) in 3rd or 4th gear from 2ish k RPM to REDLINE.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I zoomed into one area and dam was .5... However, your timing was in the negatives, like -5 - -6.

When I found one with DAM at 1, the timing was low, like 5 at 3k RPM. From what I am seeing, I'm far from impressed with the tune.

I'd like to see a single WOT log (without all the additional data to sift through) in 3rd or 4th gear from 2ish k RPM to REDLINE.
You think it can be a tune error? I will do that tomorrow when I get a chance!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I won't comment until I see the next log, but what I've seen so far, seems all over the place.
It wasn't like that when it was finalized.. I even tried the the stage 0 tune same result. Uninstalled completely and without the numbers you can fell the hesitation. At low rpm and the limp mode, or max boost of around 8psi

·
Super Moderator
8,389 Posts
That log doesn't look bad. Timing is a little on the low side... What fuel are you running? Essentially a stage 1 car?

If it comes back like you originally described, I would do a compression test. The other is, without a WBO2, you don't really know what the AFR is as the stock sensor will just flat-line and is not accurate once you start getting into boost.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That log doesn't look bad. Timing is a little on the low side... What fuel are you running? Essentially a stage 1 car?

If it comes back like you originally described, I would do a compression test. The other is, without a WBO2, you don't really know what the AFR is as the stock sensor will just flat-line and is not accurate once you start getting into boost.
I'm in California so I think that's why the timing is a little low. Chevron 91. The car is stock. Now after reflash it runs great for a little while, prolonged even if I drive cruise at higher rpm. As soon as I drive under 3k rpm fine knock -11.45 feed back knock jumps around a little around 2.8 but sudden jumps to 10 sometimes. And then DAM fluctuates. .062, .500 and even 0.0. But it changes very quickly. If I jump on the freeway itll climb up to 1.0.. could this be a vacuum leak? A pebble stuck somewhere causing the knock? Or ringlands?if I can leave work early tomorrow I will be taking it to the dealer here who is aware of the issue and wanted me to bring it to do the compression and boost leak test.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts