IW STi Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
For reliability, I'd add an AOS (personally i'd go either IAG or KillerB). The dom cylinder 4 cooling mod, a KillerB oil pickup/baffle combo, and a nice aluminum radiator (i have csf, koyo is good too, or if youre big ballin, KillerB). i'd also add an equal length header (not sure if this comes standard in germany or not). and then of course, gauges to monitor oil temp/pressure and a pro tune.

as far as the freezing lines in the AOS, mine is an IAG AOS, my winters here in virginia arent as bad as yours but even in sub-freezing temps ive never had an issue.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the car

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
So i pulled the trigger for a Weekend full of Tourist Driving on the Nürburgring Nordschleife!

I´d like to get a Trackday there but for a Shakedown it was ok to go to Public Driving.

Impressions are.... more Twitchie even on dry Tamarc. Next time go harder on dampening... even 3/4 stiff is to soft for my liking.
Need to update my Brake ducts... not that satisfiyed for now... it Works.. but not more.
I think its time to get some better Tires...
It think i´m squeezing them pretty much out... ~8:00min for BTG Laptime
Tommy Makkinen did a 7:52 with a "stock" GR Sedan, JDM EJ207, with some S205/Spec C/Type RA-R bits
Need to get my 4point Harness back in for Racing... i reaeeeeeeally missed them!

I try to find more ideas for Weight reduction... This car is a heavy pig :D
otherwise Car was good... drank 1l Oil. a lot of fuel and brought me home safe.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I don't know how TUV compatible it would be, but there is a lot of weight in these chassis that can come out :). Even with a bunch of additions, I've cut ~200kg on my GV.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Wow, please tell us what did you do cut 200kg, :O
A LOT of little things that added up, plus quite a few "expensive" pieces... A few key:

• All airbags
  • Brackets and various trim pieces inside the car (mostly for crash safety, but I'm caged and 6-point harnessed)
  • Rear seats gone
  • All sound deadening, sound system, wiring, etc
  • Lighter front seats
  • Crash impact bars in the doors
  • Carbon fiber hood, fenders, trunk, etc
  • front and rear bumper beams
  • tons of miscellaneous brackets/components on the chassis
  • Fuel EVAP system + misc components
  • Wheels
  • Suspension (factory struts are heavy)
  • Carbon fiber driveshaft
  • Lighter exhaust
  • Light weight battery
  • A/C delete
  • Tons of stuff from engine (air pump, TGVs, brackets, etc)

And of course a ton more things. In all, probably 500lbs and put back in ~100lbs (coolers, -AN lines, cage, etc).

41 - 45 of 45 Posts