IW STi Forum banner

Daily Drive

17K views 79 replies 12 participants last post by  Achill 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello!

My name ist Andreas and i´m from Germany.

I recently purchased a 2013 WRX STI in Dark Grey Metallic.
the car has 18000 miles and already a rebuild shortblock.

As i bought the car, it was completely stock except a Invidia Q300

obvibiously what else, lol...:rolleyes:

I try to make it as reliable as possible. For now its a Weekend Warrior, and hopefully also a few Trackdays or Winterdrift Events.

I try to update the List:

Engine:

Custom Setrab Oilcooler
Mocal Sandwichplate, Custom made HeavyDuty cramped Lines
Killer B Oil Pickup
Cosworth Baffleplate
Turbo Blanket PTP
Oiltemp Sensor on 3rd Cylinder
Oilpressure Sensor on Front plug

Gearbox:

Kartboy PU Bushings for Linkage
Custom Aircooling Bracket for Oilpan

Interior:

Steering Wheel wrapped in new real black Leather
Recaro Pole Position in Leather
lowered OMP Seat Base Console
Schroth Clubman ASM 4 Point Harness for Trackdriving only
P3 Multigauge for Oil Temp. and Oilpressure

Exterior:

Wrapped the Chrometrim in Flatblack
Frontwindow Banner in Flatblack
Tinted Windows in the Back

Brakes/Suspension/Wheels:

Brakecooling Verus Engineering
Titanium Backingplates Front and Rear
Pagid RSL 29
Brembo OEM Rotors
Tarox Street Brakefluid

KW V3
Whiteline Grp N TopHats
Whiteline Rear Adjustable Camber Arms
20mm Spacer up Front

OEM Enkeis silver with Toyo R888R 245/40R18 For Track
Protrack One Black 9x18 ET 52 with Michelin Pilot SuperSport 245/40R18 For Street
OEM Enkeis Black for new Winter Tires
Evo Corse San Remo White 8x18ET48 with Nokian WR A4 245/40R18 for Drifting

Exhaust:

Invidia Q300 CatBack with Titanium Rolled Tips

Miscellaneous:

Lightweight Batterie Braille BN2015
Various Hooks and Nets in the Trunk
Upgraded Radio with Full Steering Wheel Control

Future Plans:

extended Gearbox Oilpan
maybe Downpipe and a Tune

thats it for now.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome! GR/GV sti are great cars, you're going to love it! Stay on top of your oil levels, check it often regardless. Like stated the above the the oil pan and pick up stuff is good. Equal length header (ELH) is another great power adder to increase reliability and power at the same time but will require a tune. If thats the case and even if your not going to modd the car, a protune from a good reputable tuner is another great way to increase reliability will go a long way.

I think your next mod for this chassis should be sway bars, endlinks and alignment. This made the biggest difference in terms of driving/handeling on my GV and i would highly recommend it. It such a huge differance in the way the car drives that it made me wonder why i didnt do that first before adding power to the car.

#5 ·
Congrats on your Subie!
Your gonna really love this car, all the above are great recommendations with the oil being priority for sure! Killer B + AOS...

If you want a cheap modification that will really make it feel like your driving a new car, just look into some shifter bushings. I'm serious the amount of feedback you get from such a simple upgrade it's truly rewarding :)

#14 · (Edited)
My KW V3 Coilovers are installed now along with the Whiteline Tophats
now my Geo is -2° front, -1°40` rear. Slight toe in front, zero toe rear(maybe some toe out soon)
For Reverence: The Car is now 2cm lower than stock. Fitted with 20mm Spacers all around with the Factory Enkeis 8,5x18 with 245/40r18

never rubbed or hit anything. even with stock suspension... now i have even more room because of more camber:rolleyes:
Looks clean but not overdone:) just right!
EDIT: Did a trip in the Mountains... rear right side slightly rubb on the fender :/

P3 Gauge is installed too. Long way but worth it!

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
#17 ·
hi, i heart only good things about Wagner Tuning. But never heart of a Subaru driver with Wagner Tuning parts. sorry.

I would say those are quality parts... but everything has to be certificated in Germany... You can´t just slap on some parts and go.

i think thats why i never saw a Subaru with wagner tuning parts. for VW Audi BMW etc. they made a large number of tests and certificates..

#19 ·
agreed on normal avenues for wheel shipping...i actually prefer the wheels you have now lol, i replaced my 5 spoke for the SE type, same spoke pattern just a hair lighter in color...also would suggest add AOS...found on last tune needed it even tho not much oil is making it into the intake, at nearly redline had a slight issue...

#20 ·
i know everyone suggests a AOS...

so far i have zero oil consumation...

i´m a little affraid of installing AOS because of that huuuuge amount of lines...

maybe a Killerb one... i try to make it as simple as possible... heard about freezing lines...

#21 ·
It's a "safe guard". In my experience, I've had little to no oil consumption both with and without one. I can't speak to the killerb AOS - they do make fantastic products... I have their header, oil pick up and baffle - but my IAG street series AOS has seen temps below -20C with wind chill without any issues.

One word of warning, the comp series which vents to the atmosphere drove me up the wall. The smell was extremely noticeable in stop/go traffic. I swapped to the street series for that reason and the smell was totally gone.

#22 · (Edited)
I rarely smell mine. OnCe in a great while with a warm engine when I walk up to it, but rarely.

#23 ·
I would love to do the killer b as I agree on the quality of their stuff...I am using the Crawford (if I didn't mention before lol) and works great AFIK, I shortened the lines quite a bit as I agree on the extra hose, but routing under manifold and slightly tighter corners shortened it and make it not as obtrusive looking...

#24 · (Edited)
so far my favourite would be the Crawford one...

easy install...
trying to get more information if it works properly on colder climates with a near stock engine...

searching for the holy grail. Daily drive, Track, cheap, efficent

I need to read this big thread about the engine venting :D

#25 ·
a few updates here...

took the rear wheel spacers off for Drifting. didnt wanted to cut my tires..
Did a Winterdrifttraining in Austria for 2 Days. Was a blast !
ambient Temp. was -12°C (10,4°F)
Oiltemp. Reached 115°C(239°F) after a few 2 gear runs :p
overall stayed like at like 105°
Remember, no Oilcooler at the moment.
Drank a little oil. thats ok after 2Gear rev limiter..

ordered a set of new wheels for summer, Protrack one 9x18 ET 50 with some 245/40R18 Michelin Pilot Supersports.
will post pics when they are on the car. Will try these with the spacers on... but well... i think i need some 10mm spacers and longer studs...
Powersteering cooler is ready for install.
Recaro PP also, new lower Base Frame also.
Heatshield(Blanket) also laying around, as a new Conecting pipe for the TMIC

I hope now i´ve got more time for the car...
Still a blast to drive! I Love it. could be a bit more louder :p

#29 ·
Finally!

Installed! Oil Change with 5w40 Motul 300v. about 6l/ 6,3 US Quarts.
Massive Cooling effect!
normal Operating Temp. without cooler would be 90° C/194° F
now i´m running 72°C/163°F
under highspeed load around 85 °C/185°F
under Rallyestage driving max 90°/ 194°F

i will try a different Thermostat to get the temp. up