IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some answers to some questions about minor body work.

This last weekend was pretty bad for me. First The usual exit out of my gyms parking lot was blocked so I decided to take the other. I know that its pretty steep so I come up to it and slowly start to roll out. Nothing doing. I BOTTOM OUT!!!!! Ever so slightly but it hit me in the nuts like a baseball bat. The damage is not very visible. Its on the bottom of the forwardmost tips of the front spoiler. You know the teeth. the scrapes are about an eigth of an inch wide and 3 long and jagged.

Next day I'm out on the town and I parallel park my car in SF. I come back and looks like everything is ok, wake up the next morning and notice a black spec on my bumper, thinking it was just some dirt I go to wipe it but as I get closer I notice the paint on the bumper is chipped in two spots and lightly scratched along the rear right area. I scream so loud my tonsils fly out. The chips are maybe 1/16th of an inch in diameter. A good area of the bumper looks like it's been passed over by very fine sandpaper.

So my question is what's the best way to make these nightmares go away my friends say they are too small to be worth the trouble but Im not satisfied.

1. How much do you think a body shop would charge to fix this kind of stuff?
2. If I do it on my own what do I need and what steps should I take to do the job right?

Please help. I can't stop obsessing over this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey man at least you didn't get in a hit-n-run :evil: I got hit last weekend the estimated damage is like $4200.00 for hood replacement headlights and front bumper looks like the chargespeed kit might be the way to go on a happier not luckily no frame structual damage was done. If it was just your curb splitters on the front you can replace them factory painted for like $125 there is a groupbuy on Nasioc for them I think

·
Registered
282 Posts
The curb splitters are around 70 bucks each and come pre-painted.

As for the bumper, it really depends how well you want it fixed. You could buff out the scratches (without seeing it, I'm assuming this is a possibility) and touchup the spots missing paint (or have them professionally touched up). That should keep you down in the $100 range. Or, you could have the entire bumper repainted. That's gonna cost around $200-$400 depending on where you go.

·
Registered
77 Posts
a new bumper would be about $600-700 depending on where you go. Unpainted i believe the rear bumper is $250 and painting can be a bit expensive if u want the paint to match well

·
Registered
9 Posts
Man i can feel u in the pain haha it sux. I do body work and all what they said is true. if you dont have any experience doing body work dont do it, it can just complicate things for us. Everytime its diff. If you haven't had it fixed yet post pix and i'll tell you what your looking at...

·
Registered
155 Posts
We lost one in NJ

I have no drivers side fender flare anymore... :eek: parked across the street from my friends house, on the side and about 2 feet off the pavement... come back and the fender flare is gone. :cry: rim is scraped, and the headlight has white paint on it. :evil: some a-hole probably dozed off while driving and nailed my car. at least i still have my mirrors... :-? getting it fixed next week. EST. of ~ 2000$ i can't report to insurance cause they'll ream me cause i'm 17 so it looks like my Subwoofer/FMIC fund is gonna be gone shortly. other people are a b i t c h.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts