IW STi Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey everyone,
So yesterday I did my first oil change at 100 miles, I also did the front, trans and rear diff fluid while I was working. During that time I decided to change my cabin air filter, and when I ran my AC it wasn't cold at all. My thinking is that they forgot to fill it at the shop when they put it all back together. Does that sound right? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sounds like they might have but depends if they removed the lines from the compressor. How did it go? Any update on the build?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sounds like they might have but depends if they removed the lines from the compressor. How did it go? Any update on the build?
Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm going to have them look at it. And yes! Small update, I'm scheduled to go on the dyno and have Jr tune it up on the 24th. Definitely gunna be posting the results, maybe a short video. So far, the car is running flawlessly! No smoke, no oil loss, no knock. A real pleasure to drive finally!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm going to have them look at it. And yes! Small update, I'm scheduled to go on the dyno and have Jr tune it up on the 24th. Definitely gunna be posting the results, maybe a short video. So far, the car is running flawlessly! No smoke, no oil loss, no knock. A real pleasure to drive finally!
You should have no problems hitting your goal of 400whp with what you have. That thing is going to be even more enjoyable to drive.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well... A little update before my car hits the dyno. During my final break in oil change I noticed my steering rack leaking. FML this CARRR!!! Looks like it leaking where the steering column meets the rack. Getting it rebuilt now, should be done before the car hits the dyno.

Honestly, if I didn't love this car, I'd have gotten rid of it a long time ago. These problems definitely make me question how reliable these things really are. I hope this is the last of the bulls☆☆t for awhile.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well... A little update before my car hits the dyno. During my final break in oil change I noticed my steering rack leaking. FML this CARRR!!! Looks like it leaking where the steering column meets the rack. Getting it rebuilt now, should be done before the car hits the dyno.

Honestly, if I didn't love this car, I'd have gotten rid of it a long time ago. These problems definitely make me question how reliable these things really are. I hope this is the last of the bulls☆☆t for awhile.
I had the same steering rack issue with mine - apparently it's a common problem with the current gen. Mine was so bad it would all leak out over night. I had to carry ATF with me and refill every day until it was fixed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I had the same steering rack issue with mine - apparently it's a common problem with the current gen. Mine was so bad it would all leak out over night. I had to carry ATF with me and refill every day until it was fixed.
Damn sounds like yours was way worse. Yeah definitely seems like its a bit too common unfortunately.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Alright gang! Car went up on the rollers this afternoon. 380WHP on 93 and 430WHP on corn. Very solid numbers, I couldn't be more happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

21 - 29 of 29 Posts