IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boost PSI

I'm debating on how I want to attack my suspension dilema.

$1700 for the Cusco Zero-2 full coilover system

or

$800-900 for springs and either Koni Yellows (which I love) or KYB AGXs.

Requirements:
Adjustable dampening
1.5-2.0" of suspension lowering
High spring rates

I plan to autocross the daylights out of my STi, and I'm trying to figure out which direction to go.

Nice thing about the Cusco setup is the front camber plates are INCLUDED in that set (a nice bonus) and the rears also come with fixed mounting plates. Also, the set means I can swap everything out without having to compress any springs, etc. Also, I'd have a FULL OEM SET to fall back on in the future.

Purchasing H&R / Eibach / STi springs and opting for a separate set of adjustable shocks means half the price and also maintains some flexibility. I still get nice high spring rates and adjustable dampening. Installation would be more work . . . but I'm far from being a stranger to lowering cars. Done several in the last 12 months. But ride height is dictated by the springs I purchase. And no camber plates included (about a $200 value).

All things considered (adding the cost of camber plates, which I want) I'm looking at about a $600 or so difference in price. I've never used a full coilover system, but I understand it is designed to function better than separate spring and shock configurations for race applications.

Has anyone had experience with any of the Cusco coilover systems? I also hear the Tiens are good, but not stellar.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:eek:

Anyone?

I'm thinking I may just go with the AGXs or Konis and the springs . . . and I could always add the set of camber plates up front later.

I'm just trying to see if anyone's had experience with the ride quality of the Cusco coilovers. . . . in many cases I hear a fully-built coilover system like this provides superior handling AND ride comfort. . . . depending on the dampening level selected, of course. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts